Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 139
 4 Attachment(s)    

Thread: Forex Megadroid

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    631

    Default

    What risk are you using on the EA, i am be conservative and using a 5% risk for now. If you are trading 4 lots you must be trading the EA with high risk settings

    Quote Originally Posted by winias View Post
    Yeah it did about 500 bucks for me tonight at 4 lots. Good show. We'll see how long it can last.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Well people i have to say to date this robot has performed the best. Since going live a few weeks back i have not had a single loss, 6 trades for 6 winners.

    I really have nothing bad to say about this robot, i keep waiting for the first losing trade but it never arrives. So far this has been the best scalper i have tested.

    Just make sure you use the current version and not the first version. My results are based off V1.11 the latest, there is an earlier version V1.10 but i heard there were many problems with that one, so alway best to get the latest version when going live!
    Last edited by wannaberich; 05-21-2009 at 07:06.

  3. #23

    Default

    Megadroid made its first loss for me today. Cost me $25.

    I honestly don't know what it was thinking by placing a sell trade in an upward trending EURUSD market. Funny thing is, euroblaster made the same call as well (fortuntely I am not running it aggressively.)

    Despite that it does occasionally lose a trade, Megadroid is probably the closest thing to a holy-grail EA that I've backtested so far. It can survive and thrive on a ten year backtest, turning $10,000 into a million in about 4 years! It gets $1000 to a million in 6 years! Assuming brokers don't have maximum lot sizes, it would theoretically turn that $10,000 into $80 million over a 10 year period ... but who cares? Getting $10,000 to $1 million in 4 years is good enough!

    I'll report back in 4 years on this....
    Last edited by Neo-Rio; 05-22-2009 at 07:42.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Mine made the same loss for me, i think mine was a $26 loss. But i don't mind you can not expect to get a robot for $97 that never gets a losing trade, if it never got a losing trade then it would be the holy grail and i am sure it would cost more than $97.

    That said i am still very happy, 7 trades now 6 winners and 1 loss, i am still way ahead in profits. I am looking at megadroid for a long term robot the reason why my risk is low only at 5% and that is where it will stay.

    I always expected to get losses, but 1 loss out of 7 is pretty good i thin. You are right about one thing why it would palce a sell trade in an upward trending EURUSD market, still just how it goes

    But like you say despite that it does occasionally lose a trade, it seems far more consistant than many scalpers out there now that are selling for a lot more money. I think that Megadroid is probably the closest thing to a holy-grail also, in my backtests and current forward tests. But i am in this for the long term and if i can do half as well as there web site states then i will very happy indeed. I will keep you posted how it goes also

    Quote Originally Posted by Neo-Rio View Post
    Megadroid made its first loss for me today. Cost me $25.

    I honestly don't know what it was thinking by placing a sell trade in an upward trending EURUSD market. Funny thing is, euroblaster made the same call as well (fortuntely I am not running it aggressively.)

    Despite that it does occasionally lose a trade, Megadroid is probably the closest thing to a holy-grail EA that I've backtested so far. It can survive and thrive on a ten year backtest, turning $10,000 into a million in about 4 years! It gets $1000 to a million in 6 years! Assuming brokers don't have maximum lot sizes, it would theoretically turn that $10,000 into $80 million over a 10 year period ... but who cares? Getting $10,000 to $1 million in 4 years is good enough!

    I'll report back in 4 years on this....
    Last edited by wannaberich; 05-22-2009 at 13:09.

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default

    For some reason it placed two sells on my account last night for a total loss of 96 pips.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    631

    Default

    I am not 100% certain why, i do know that if you have the agressive set to true then sometimes it will trade twice which will make profits faster and like today lose then twice as fast.

    I have agressive set to false and so far no double trades

    Quote Originally Posted by gelt View Post
    For some reason it placed two sells on my account last night for a total loss of 96 pips.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    631

    Default

    The other thing i can not figure out, if you go to there website you will notice that there robot also traded today and was a winner, where everyone else i know that uses this robot including me had a loser hmmmmmmmm!

    how strage, something does not add up, i think it is time to email them!

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default

    On a demo I have running it placed two trades as well, but one was a winning trade (10 pips) and the other a loser (64 pips).

    On my live account I would have also had a gain on that trade, but in the journal it shows a error "broker is busy".

    Why are they busy when it comes to make a profit, and not busy when it comes to taking a loss

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wannaberich View Post
    The other thing i can not figure out, if you go to there website you will notice that there robot also traded today and was a winner, where everyone else i know that uses this robot including me had a loser hmmmmmmmm!

    how strage, something does not add up, i think it is time to email them!
    Hi Guys,

    just accidently I read "megadroid" and because I am running this bot live myself, I of course had to read what others have to say.

    I have it running on 4 accounts. All with "agressive=true" which means, it MIGHT take two trades at almost the same time. The recovery mode is the one, you have to turn off, if you donīt like the EA to double the lotsize after a loss!

    Yes, on all 4 accounts it also took a "sell" position last night.Why?? Beats me.... But the funny thing is:
    on 2 accounts all 4 trades would have been winners ( the trades were still open at 6:00am this morning and it was my stupidity to close the trades at a loss. They would have been closed at least at BE )

    On the other 2 accounts were the spread is variable, the result was different. On both accounts it would have been 1 loss, 1 winner.....on one account SL was hit....which I think is funny: is the SL THAT close? And why does it show although it is set to "hide" ??

    BUT this was the first time in approximately 5 weeks and, different to Fapturbo, one loss does not wipe out 10 winners or more!

    So I will let it run....indeed it does trade rarely....but hey, rather rare winners than often a looser....but I will set one account to agressive=false - just to see, what that does....

    We can just hope, that its success story last longer than Fapturboīs :-)

    Greetings,

    4rexlady

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gelt View Post
    On a demo I have running it placed two trades as well, but one was a winning trade (10 pips) and the other a loser (64 pips).

    On my live account I would have also had a gain on that trade, but in the journal it shows a error "broker is busy".

    Why are they busy when it comes to make a profit, and not busy when it comes to taking a loss
    Well, you will be surprised if you see, what they can do and actually do....the Broker ( which is usually a Dealing Desk Broker ), always works against you....I get all kinds of BS like disconnects during Asia session, requotes, spread widening the moment the EA wants to place a trade and so forth...

    I am just surprised about a loss of 64 Pips...mine was "only" 31.9 pips.....wonder why...

    Greetings,

    4rexlady

Similar Threads

  1. Pipjet from Forex Megadroid Guys
    By ForexFBI in forum Commercial expert advisors
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-26-2012, 19:35
  2. MegaDroid Pro
    By TraderMike in forum Commercial expert advisors
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-21-2012, 21:33
  3. Fapturbo/Evolution and Megadroid/Pro
    By dennerle in forum Commercial expert advisors
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2010, 10:29
  4. FAPTurbo and Megadroid settings
    By scottfx99 in forum Commercial expert advisors
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-08-2009, 20:44
  5. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 17:08

Tags for this Thread

100, advisor, alpari, atm, automated trading, average, backtest, backtesting, best spreads, broker, brokers, change, currency pairs, demo, ea backtesting, eas, ecn, eur, eur/usd, eurusd, expert, forex, free, funyoo, hedging, high, how to, investment, live, live account, long term, low, magic, magic number, main, manual, metatrader, mql, mt4, profit, profitable, real, request, robot, robots, scalper, scalping, sells, server, short term, signal, simple, slippage, spread, stop, stop ea, strategies, strategy, support, system, test, time, trader, trading, trading system, usd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •