Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 112
 6 Attachment(s)    

Thread: Forex Shocker

  1. #101
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neo-Rio View Post
    MegadroidPro > Forex Shocker
    you mean the profit for droid pro is higher?

  2. #102

    Default

    No, but it does handle drawdown considerably much better than forex shocker. IMHO

    The risk is shared between all running pairs, whereas Shocker will let you suffer big losses across all pairs if all of them hit their stop loss. In addition, MDP will close trades which it feels are on a collision course with the stoploss BEFORE they hit. There is no such protection from Forex shocker here.
    Also, MDP will try to close a trade as soon as it manages to hit breakeven if the trade doesn't reach profitability within a specified time limit. Forex Shocker just seem to hope and pray that it eventually gets to take profit.

  3. #103
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    74

    Default

    certainley this is the downside of shocker but losses are rare (so far), so you can compensate easily. I will compare both.

  4. #104
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    15

    Default

    The shocker works very well on theses pairs, EUR-USD, EUR-CHF and USD-CAD.

  5. #105
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forexdude View Post
    The shocker works very well on theses pairs, EUR-USD, EUR-CHF and USD-CAD.
    according to my own experience (demo and live) on all pairs except eurgbp

  6. #106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    according to my own experience (demo and live) on all pairs except eurgbp
    Rolf,

    Have you been making good money, live, consistently with this EA? Is it worth buying?

    Thanks
    rptrader

  7. #107
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rptrader View Post
    Rolf,

    Have you been making good money, live, consistently with this EA? Is it worth buying?

    Thanks
    rptrader
    version 1.0 was shaky. with v1.1 this changed. I am testig it since August 01 and had only few losses, most of them on eurgbp (these losses however were quite big compared to the wins). I decided to go live 2 weeks ago without eurgpb but all other pairs, and I have the same results on my live account, even better as I had loss on eurchf on my test account friday, but not on the live account.

    Usually it makes 2-4 trades per pair and night, each trade at 4 pips. I trade now 5 pairs, this gives me something between 40-60 pips, i.e. 500+ pips per month. So I would say it was a good investment. However, you never know how long it is working like this. But as the price of the EA is rather low, it is certainly low risk. The risk lies in the fact that the EA could stop working suddenly.

  8. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Attached I post the statement of my test account since July 20, incl version #. Don't bother about the 2 losses on eurchf with each -10, this was a test to look whether it works at the end of the us session. it did not. the p/l is rather low due to losses on eurgbp.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  9. #109

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rolf View Post
    version 1.0 was shaky. with v1.1 this changed. I am testig it since August 01 and had only few losses, most of them on eurgbp (these losses however were quite big compared to the wins). I decided to go live 2 weeks ago without eurgpb but all other pairs, and I have the same results on my live account, even better as I had loss on eurchf on my test account friday, but not on the live account.

    Usually it makes 2-4 trades per pair and night, each trade at 4 pips. I trade now 5 pairs, this gives me something between 40-60 pips, i.e. 500+ pips per month. So I would say it was a good investment. However, you never know how long it is working like this. But as the price of the EA is rather low, it is certainly low risk. The risk lies in the fact that the EA could stop working suddenly.
    Rolf,

    Thank you very much for the explanation and the statements. I really appreciate it.

    rptrader

  10. #110
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Forex Shocker processed in a single parity?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2015, 05:05
  2. Free Forex Trading Strategies Daily from Asia Forex Mentor
    By asiaforexmentor in forum Trading discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 11:38

Tags for this Thread

100, alpari, average, backtest, breakeven, broker, brokers, change, check it out, closing, coding, commission, comparison, copy, correlation, currency pairs, decompiler, demo, design, eas, ecn, eur, eur/usd, eurusd, ex4, expert, experts, fifo, forex, forex account, forex bot, free, free ea, fxopen, gbpjpy, gbpusd, generic, hedge, hedging, high, home, how to, indicator, indicators, investment, live, live account, low, magic, main, managed, manual, metatrader, mql, mt4, news, nfa, offer, products, profit, profitable, real, research, review, robot, robots, scalp, scalper, scalping, server, signals, simple, slippage, spread, stop, stoploss, strategy, support, system, systems, test, time, trading, trading system, trailing, trend, usd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •