Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
 3 Attachment(s)    

Thread: SweetSpotsGOLD EA

  1. #1
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default SweetSpotsGOLD EA



    Another EA based on the TRO system and his "sweet spots".

    EU H1. Only 00 level.

    Total net profit : 153.40%
    RDD : 36.53%

    Statement too heavy to be attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images SweetSpotsGOLD EA-strategytester-sweetspotsgold-ea-eu-h1-gif 
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2

    Default

    Hi Funyoo!

    Do you need an indicator to run this EA?

  3. #3
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bnbb2004 View Post
    Hi Funyoo!

    Do you need an indicator to run this EA?
    Hi bnbb2004,

    No you don't.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Funyoo

    I was wondering just how long can it take for this EA to open new trades. In my backtests it worked just fine, however when forward trading the EA it just does not seem to open any new trades.

    I have had it running for the last 6 hours or so and still no open trades, i am using the setting that you posted, is it meant to take a while for new trades to open or immediately.

    Thanks

  5. #5
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wannaberich View Post
    Funyoo

    I was wondering just how long can it take for this EA to open new trades. In my backtests it worked just fine, however when forward trading the EA it just does not seem to open any new trades.

    I have had it running for the last 6 hours or so and still no open trades, i am using the setting that you posted, is it meant to take a while for new trades to open or immediately.

    Thanks
    Hi wannaberich,

    Yes it should take a while. Note that the pending orders are deleted after 4 hours (240 minutes), then the new pending orders are set and the EA requires a minimum distance between the price and the orders. You can change that at the end of the EA (Expiration). The pending orders should be set as soon as the price moves.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Hi

    I still have no pending orders on the screen at all, there are no pending or open orders. Should the pending orders start as soon as i run the EA or can this also take a long while.

    Like i posted in the last post, i have had it running for 6 odd hours and there are still no orders what so ever!

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Hi wannaberich,

    Yes it should take a while. Note that the pending orders are deleted after 4 hours (240 minutes), then the new pending orders are set and the EA requires a minimum distance between the price and the orders. You can change that at the end of the EA (Expiration). The pending orders should be set as soon as the price moves.

  7. #7
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wannaberich View Post
    Hi

    I still have no pending orders on the screen at all, there are no pending or open orders. Should the pending orders start as soon as i run the EA or can this also take a long while.

    Like i posted in the last post, i have had it running for 6 odd hours and there are still no orders what so ever!
    Yes, the pending orders are set as soon as the price moves. I have tried the code and it works fine. Try to remove the EA an to attach it again.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    631

    Default

    Ok i tried removing the EA and then put it back on the chart and still no pending orders, very strange indeed. In my backtests it worked just fine with pending and open orders, it just does not seem to want to work when i attach the EA to the chart.

    There are no errors or anything in the journal or experts tab, just wont put on working orders, why does it open trades in backtest but not in forward test for me

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Yes, the pending orders are set as soon as the price moves. I have tried the code and it works fine. Try to remove the EA an to attach it again.

  9. #9
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wannaberich View Post
    Ok i tried removing the EA and then put it back on the chart and still no pending orders, very strange indeed. In my backtests it worked just fine with pending and open orders, it just does not seem to want to work when i attach the EA to the chart.

    There are no errors or anything in the journal or experts tab, just wont put on working orders, why does it open trades in backtest but not in forward test for me
    That's a good question. Do you work with a 5 digits broker ?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    631

    Default

    yeah my broker handles trades as low as 0.01, so it should work just fine, if it can work in backtest then can't see why it won't work in forward, there should be no difference i would think !

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    That's a good question. Do you work with a 5 digits broker ?

Tags for this Thread

backtest, broker, change, experts, hedge, indicator, level, low, profit, sells, stop, system, time, trading, trailing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •