Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 64
  28 28 Attachment(s)    

Thread: TrendCapture

  1. #1
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default TrendCapture

    TrendCapture modified version.

    EU M30. On two years.

    Total net profit : 729.88%
    RDD : 29.92%
    Attached Images Attached Images TrendCapture-strategytester-trendcapture-modified-eu-m30-gif 
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    11

    Default

    hi funyoo thanks for sharing ,but the comments inside the code is russian ,would you please translate it into enlish?thanks agian

  3. #3

    Default

    This EA needs a magic number feature. It likes to alter other EA's trades for them.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    21

    Default

    funyu you have many good ea! this is prfect forums for me. thankyou.

  5. #5
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bryant View Post
    hi funyoo thanks for sharing ,but the comments inside the code is russian ,would you please translate it into enlish?thanks agian
    Hi bryant,

    Russian comments translated.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neo-Rio View Post
    This EA needs a magic number feature. It likes to alter other EA's trades for them.
    Hi Neo-Rio,

    Magic number added.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10

    Smile Small bug

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Hi bryant,

    Russian comments translated.



    Hi Neo-Rio,

    Magic number added.
    Hi Funyoo. A small bug in the code

    if((OrderOpenPrice()-Ask && OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber)>(Point*Guard))

    should be
    if((OrderOpenPrice()-Ask>mypoint*Guard && OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber))

    With this EA many trades lose when carried over the weekend. Please add exit Friday with extern variable exit hour. Also please add change so it works with 5 digit brokers.

    Thanks for a great forum.
    MadCow

  7. #7
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadCow View Post
    Hi Funyoo. A small bug in the code

    if((OrderOpenPrice()-Ask && OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber)>(Point*Guard))

    should be
    if((OrderOpenPrice()-Ask>mypoint*Guard && OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber))

    With this EA many trades lose when carried over the weekend. Please add exit Friday with extern variable exit hour. Also please add change so it works with 5 digit brokers.

    Thanks for a great forum.
    MadCow
    Hi MadCow,

    You are right! ^^

    Here it is.

    Timefilter available and code compatible with 5 digits broker.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Hi MadCow,

    You are right! ^^

    Here it is.

    Timefilter available and code compatible with 5 digits broker.
    Wow! what rapid response. Thank you very much.
    FYI, the time filter has a small problem for brokers west of London. Thursday may be Friday GMT. This can cause trades to carry over the weekend. My fix for this is to add (to all EA's with time protection):
    extern string GC = "Add GMT_Add to broker time to get GMT";
    extern int GMT_Add;

    int Today;
    int start(){
    Today=DayOfWeek();
    //...Find out the day in GMT time.
    if (TimeHour(TimeCurrent()) + GMT_Add>24) Today += 1;
    if(Today==7) Today = 0;
    ...

    Then I replace all DayofWeek() calls by Today

    I suppose that most members use brokers East of London, so it may not be useful to add this to the EA. I can do it myself, I just wanted to help western members.
    Last edited by MadCow; 05-11-2009 at 19:16.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadCow View Post
    Wow! what rapid response. Thank you very much.
    FYI, the time filter has a small problem for brokers west of London. Thursday may be Friday GMT. This can cause trades to carry over the weekend. My fix for this is to add (to all EA's with time protection):
    extern string GC = "Add GMT_Add to broker time to get GMT";
    extern int GMT_Add;

    int Today;
    int start(){
    Today=DayOfWeek();
    //...Find out the day in GMT time.
    if (TimeHour(TimeCurrent()) + GMT_Add>24) Today += 1;
    if(Today==7) Today = 0;
    ...

    Then I replace all DayofWeek() calls by Today

    I suppose that most members use brokers East of London, so it may not be useful to add this to the EA. I can do it myself, I just wanted to help western members.
    Hi,
    Can you please include the codes to the EA ?
    Such that it would make sure all positions are closed before weekends ?
    Thanks

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    TrendCapture modified version.

    EU M30. On two years.

    Total net profit : 729.88%
    RDD : 29.92%
    thank you, and i would like to ask a basic quention, what is the file with the extented name .set and how to operater it. like your file [trendcapture (modified) eu m30.set ]. thank again.


Similar Threads

  1. TrendCapture
    By funyoo in forum Expert advisors live statements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-02-2009, 07:48

Tags for this Thread

100, adx, alpari, average, backtest, backtesting, breakeven, broker, brokers, change, check it out, currency pairs, demo, ea works, eas, ecn, eur, eurjpy, eurusd, experts, forecast, forex, free, gbpusd, guide, hedge, historical, how to, indicator, indicators, intraday, learn, live, live account, low, macd, magic, magic number, main, martingale, mq4, mql, mt4, profit, profitable, programmer, review, server, signals, sma, spread, stop, strategy, support, system, systems, test, thank you, time, trader, trading, trailing, trend, usd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •