I've been fooling around with replacing CCI with SSL in the CCI Stoch Signal EA, but I've run into some weird MQL issue that somehow prevents me from getting anything but a buy signal out of SSL's indicator using iCustom(). I am pretty much out of ideas on how to fix it, as it only happens when the tester or an EA is running -- otherwise, the SSL code works as intended, according to Print() logs. Turn on an EA or run the tester, then all the variables report 0 and SSL only returns 1 for buy. Weird!!
Let's not allow that to stop us -- someone here can get around this, I'm sure. Why? Because when the market really is having SSL with the green line on top, the SSL Stoch Signal combination makes money like crazy! Here are the rules:
Enter Buy Order When:
1) StochSignalIndy gives buy signal (1)
2) SSL has green line on top
3) If SSL has green line on bottom, but changes within 3 bars to on top, then enter buy order.
Enter Sell Order When:
1) StochSignalIndy gives sell signal (-1)
2) SSL has red line on top
3) If SSL has red line on bottom, but changes within 3 bars to on top, then enter sell order.
At every bar that the buy/sell condition exists, enter another order.
The logic is similar to CCI Stoch Signal, but this makes more money. At least, in my testing, it makes more money until SSL goes "sell" on the chart, but keeps reporting "buy" to the EA!