Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 87
  96 96 Attachment(s)    

Thread: Stochastic Divergence Trader

  1. #71

    Default I have some info

    I have attached the dummy indicator we can use to find cycles for now. Please try and find a stochastic and MACD etc divergence and show them to me to examine.
    The idea is to get a programmer to put an arrow where the slope = 0 on the NonlagZigZag which implies a change of cycles. Then we will amend the Divergence indicators to find if there is divergence at the arrows of the indicator attached.

    I hope this is clear.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #72

    Default

    hy
    What do you think , our master Mr.Funnyoo
    this indi looks interesting, how to use it in ea?

    first - where in the code place signal to trade?
    Attached Images Attached Images Stochastic Divergence Trader-nonlagzigzag-gif 

  3. #73
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tradability View Post
    I have attached the dummy indicator we can use to find cycles for now. Please try and find a stochastic and MACD etc divergence and show them to me to examine.
    The idea is to get a programmer to put an arrow where the slope = 0 on the NonlagZigZag which implies a change of cycles. Then we will amend the Divergence indicators to find if there is divergence at the arrows of the indicator attached.

    I hope this is clear.
    Hi tradability,

    I don't know how to put the arrows on the peak or one bar after with this indicator.

    Note that there is already ZigAndZag indicator that does this.

  4. #74

    Default Hi funyoo and prz

    I see you know your indicators well but unfortunately not well enough i'm afraid. The zigandzag places arrows several bars after the turning point and hence is not as useful. We need it at the turning point or the next bar in order to test divergence.
    As for you prz I can see you tried to trade the Nonlagzigzag lol, but I told you that it has a lag in it, hence why there were trades showing at unexpected times rather than at the turning points.
    We're using this indicator as a dummy indicator only, until the divergence is operating correctly we can't build a cycle indicator. We need to apply divergence at the turning points of the nonlagzigzag and hopefuly this should match turning points of the stochastic which is why the stochastic will need to be the leading indicator.

    I hope I explained myself well.
    Last edited by tradability; 04-09-2009 at 09:07. Reason: typo's

  5. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tradability View Post
    I see you know your indicators well but unfortunately not well enough i'm afraid. The zigandzag places arrows several bars after the turning point and hence is not as useful. We need it at the turning point or the next bar in order to test divergence.
    As for you prz I can see you tried to trade the Nonlagzigzag lol, but I told you that it has a lag in it, hence why there were trades showing at unexpected times rather than at the turning points.
    We're using this indicator as a dummy indicator only, until the divergence is operating correctly we can't build a cycle indicator. We need to apply divergence at the turning points of the nonlagzigzag and hopefuly this should match turning points of the stochastic which is why the stochastic will need to be the leading indicator.

    I hope I explained myself well.
    yes,well
    you are right,probably it will be good for trading. we must study this code but i'm at the begining in coding.

  6. #76
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tradability View Post
    I see you know your indicators well but unfortunately not well enough i'm afraid. The zigandzag places arrows several bars after the turning point and hence is not as useful. We need it at the turning point or the next bar in order to test divergence.


    Otherwise, there is 3_Level_ZZ_Semafor.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  7. #77

    Default thanks funyoo

    That is beautiful funyoo and prz please don't try and trade the number 3's on this zigzag you will only be disappointed lol. Save your efforts until we have something working.
    Funyoo are you able to adjust the FX MACD divergence to test for divergence only from 1 bar before the number 3's at the number 3 and 1 bar after? So what we need is divergence to test not anywhere but at specified points which are the turning points. If there is divergence the Fx Macd divergence is to place an arrow in the direction of the prediction of the trade at the 1 bar after where the 3's appear. (By the way it has to test off the chart not using the indicator) for the reason that this is meant to be a dummy indicator and will be replaced.

    Thanks
    Last edited by tradability; 04-09-2009 at 18:03.

  8. #78
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tradability View Post
    That is beautiful funyoo and prz please don't try and trade the number 3's on this zigzag you will only be disappointed lol. Save your efforts until we have something working.
    Funyoo are you able to adjust the FX MACD divergence to test for divergence only from 1 bar before the number 3's at the number 3 and 1 bar after? So what we need is divergence to test not anywhere but at specified points which are the turning points. If there is divergence the Fx Macd divergence is to place an arrow in the direction of the prediction of the trade at the 1 bar after where the 3's appear. (By the way it has to test off the chart not using the indicator) for the reason that this is meant to be a dummy indicator and will be replaced.

    Thanks
    I could but it would take me at leat 5 hours (I have to check each change in the strategy tester) and as it is repainting it will generate a lot of bad signals. I don't think to have the time.

  9. #79

    Default changes to divergence

    Hi funyoo

    Unfortunately if we cant do that then we have to accept the places where divergence occurs and test them against cycles which will produce more bad signals lol.
    Perhaps there's an easier way?
    We also need the stochastic divergence indicator to do the same.
    What if you did part of it every now and then, and try to have it done in several days etc? I'm prepared to wait for something so precious (well it will be after it's finished) since its FUNYOO's work of art!

    Cheers

  10. #80
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2

    Smile Dear, Where can I find indicators?

    Stochastic_Divergence V2
    Slope Direction Line

Similar Threads

  1. Divergence EA
    By przem81621 in forum Ideas for expert advisors
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 15:12
  2. RSI Divergence Trader
    By funyoo in forum Expert advisors backtesting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-13-2011, 22:34
  3. Stochastic Ea
    By Cyrillic in forum Ideas for expert advisors
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2010, 21:16
  4. CCI Divergence EA
    By roodstaart in forum Ideas for expert advisors
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-25-2010, 08:23

Tags for this Thread

100, advisor, alpari, alpari uk, backtest, backtesting, change, coding, color, demo, divergence, eas, eurjpy, ex4, expert, expert advisor, expert advisors, experts, forex, free, fx5, gbpusd, how to, indicator, indicators, live, macd, magic, magic number, martingale, metatrader, mq4, mql, mql4, profitable, programmer, programming, real, signal, signals, simple, sma, step by step, stoch, stochastic, strategy, study, system, test, thank you, time, trader, trading

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •