Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  17 17 Attachment(s)    

Thread: FiboBars EA

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Hi jolimoney,

    It is the number of candles to consider for autosl (auto stoploss) based on highest/lowest high/low.
    Oooo.... i see. Is that the only way of doing it? I don't mean it's a bad way, it could work tremandous well.
    But it could also happen that the stopp isn't placed at the recent high. Let's say i put this parameter at 10... i get a signal and the EA places a SL on the lowest bottom that have occured during ten bars back. But what if the low have been 15 bars away.
    Then we would have the problem that the SL isn't sitting at a natural low that have served as a good support level.

    See picture #1(long scenario):
    Yellow arrow: Entry
    Blue Arrow: Ten bars back from entry
    Pink Arrow: The lowest low during ten pips back from entry.
    White Arrow: The more "natural" low during this retrace of the long trend.



    I am no programer and i don't know if it is possible to program an EA that really put it's SL on more "natural" lows and highs but surely you can agree that this might be a problem and that we could get stopped out just because the price want to test a specific level one more time before taking off.

    As said above i am no programer but could it work if we, in a long scenario, pinpoint the lowest low during the most resent downperiod of a Slope direction Line (attached) before the long entry?

    See picture #2 (same scenario as pic #1):
    The most resent downtrend in the slope direction Line (Blue/yellow line) before our entry is marked with pink arrows. If using this we would clearly have the stopp loss at the more "natural" low.

    Just an idea... It most probably have is flaws as anything else but it work most of the time i belive.

    Regards / JoLi
    Attached Images Attached Images FiboBars EA-screenhunter_01-mar-03-17-00-jpg FiboBars EA-screenhunter_02-mar-03-17-18-jpg 
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #12

    Default Thanks Funyoo.

    Hi Funyoo,

    Thanks a lot for your updated version.

    I just remember one thing as follows:

    1. In an Uptrend, when seeing those above-mentioned Reversal Candlesticks, this EA ONLY STOPS BUYING, BUT IT SHOULD ALSO MAKE A SELL TRADE ON THE NEXT CANDLESTICK (It means after having the previous Shooting star / Long-legged Doji / Bearish Engulfing, Tweezer top, etc, when the next candlestick begins, the EA will trigger a sell, and have the stop loss 10 pips ABOVE previous candlestick).

    2. In a Downtrend, when seeing those above-mentioned Reversal Candlesticks, this EA ONLY STOPS SELLING, BUT IT SHOULD ALSO MAKE A BUY TRADE ON THE NEXT CANDLESTICK (It means after having the previous Bullish Hammer / Long-legged Doji / Bullish Harami, Tweezer bottom, etc, then when the next candlestick begins, the EA will trigger a buy, and have stop loss 10 pips BELOW the previous candlestick).

    I wonder if there is any problem for you to code exactly like above, especially that the EA should place Stop loss 10 pips ABOVE THE PREVIOUS REVERSAL CANDLESTICK (For a Sell trade), and 10 pips BELOW THE PREVIOUS REVERSAL CANDLESTICK (For a Buy trade).

    Thank you very much. You are great !

    Regards,
    James

  3. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default EUR/CAN FiboBar EA

    I have a problem with the FiboBar EA 1.01, It seems that sometimes it doesn't close an order that is losing.

    See please attached picture.

    Thank you for your help...
    The Well Wisher
    Attached Images Attached Images FiboBars EA-6654-jpg 

  4. #14

    Default

    Hi Funyoo,

    Glad that you are back and ok. Could you have a look at the problems signaled above? Finished an optimization on M5 but now it looks that I have to throw it away. My mistake for not visually check before.

    Wishing you a quick recovery,
    Daxc

  5. #15
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolimoney View Post
    Oooo.... i see. Is that the only way of doing it? I don't mean it's a bad way, it could work tremandous well.
    But it could also happen that the stopp isn't placed at the recent high. Let's say i put this parameter at 10... i get a signal and the EA places a SL on the lowest bottom that have occured during ten bars back. But what if the low have been 15 bars away.
    Then we would have the problem that the SL isn't sitting at a natural low that have served as a good support level.

    See picture #1(long scenario):
    Yellow arrow: Entry
    Blue Arrow: Ten bars back from entry
    Pink Arrow: The lowest low during ten pips back from entry.
    White Arrow: The more "natural" low during this retrace of the long trend.



    I am no programer and i don't know if it is possible to program an EA that really put it's SL on more "natural" lows and highs but surely you can agree that this might be a problem and that we could get stopped out just because the price want to test a specific level one more time before taking off.

    As said above i am no programer but could it work if we, in a long scenario, pinpoint the lowest low during the most resent downperiod of a Slope direction Line (attached) before the long entry?

    See picture #2 (same scenario as pic #1):
    The most resent downtrend in the slope direction Line (Blue/yellow line) before our entry is marked with pink arrows. If using this we would clearly have the stopp loss at the more "natural" low.

    Just an idea... It most probably have is flaws as anything else but it work most of the time i belive.

    Regards / JoLi
    Hi jolimoney,

    Sdlsl option added.

    Quote Originally Posted by james_phuc28 View Post
    Hi Funyoo,

    Thanks a lot for your updated version.

    I just remember one thing as follows:

    1. In an Uptrend, when seeing those above-mentioned Reversal Candlesticks, this EA ONLY STOPS BUYING, BUT IT SHOULD ALSO MAKE A SELL TRADE ON THE NEXT CANDLESTICK (It means after having the previous Shooting star / Long-legged Doji / Bearish Engulfing, Tweezer top, etc, when the next candlestick begins, the EA will trigger a sell, and have the stop loss 10 pips ABOVE previous candlestick).

    2. In a Downtrend, when seeing those above-mentioned Reversal Candlesticks, this EA ONLY STOPS SELLING, BUT IT SHOULD ALSO MAKE A BUY TRADE ON THE NEXT CANDLESTICK (It means after having the previous Bullish Hammer / Long-legged Doji / Bullish Harami, Tweezer bottom, etc, then when the next candlestick begins, the EA will trigger a buy, and have stop loss 10 pips BELOW the previous candlestick).

    I wonder if there is any problem for you to code exactly like above, especially that the EA should place Stop loss 10 pips ABOVE THE PREVIOUS REVERSAL CANDLESTICK (For a Sell trade), and 10 pips BELOW THE PREVIOUS REVERSAL CANDLESTICK (For a Buy trade).

    Thank you very much. You are great !

    Regards,
    James
    Hi james_phuc28,

    I suggest you to contact a profesionnal coder for additional candlestick signals as it would require several hours of programming.

    Quote Originally Posted by WellWisher View Post
    I have a problem with the FiboBar EA 1.01, It seems that sometimes it doesn't close an order that is losing.

    See please attached picture.

    Thank you for your help...
    The Well Wisher
    Hi WellWisher,

    Are you sure to have the proper settings for your fibobars indicator ? I suggest you to test the new automated stoploss option.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Thank you very very very much...

    Remember you are always Blessed...
    Enjoy your wonderful life, and new ground breaking ideas to make you a millions...

    "Every Soul and Reality is within the boundless connections to all, Within which we are the believers of the bounded, as part of any infinite probability to stay and enjoy the proportional conditions to make sure they serve the fulfilling matters of free choice." - The Well Wisher
    Last edited by WellWisher; 05-11-2010 at 03:45.

  7. #17
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default

    hi funyoo
    for frist i say to you thank very much for you work.
    after i have a problem.
    this is my setting:
    Broker: FXPro
    VPS: ellict
    EA: fibo v 1.02
    indicator: fibo and scaple direction line
    cross: €/$ H1
    set: set #1

    i get this error "ordersend error 131"

    can you help and explain me?

    thank's

    PS sorry for my englis i hoppe i wrote right ;-)

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by misterocupo View Post
    hi funyoo
    for frist i say to you thank very much for you work.
    after i have a problem.
    this is my setting:
    Broker: FXPro
    VPS: ellict
    EA: fibo v 1.02
    indicator: fibo and scaple direction line
    cross: €/$ H1
    set: set #1

    i get this error "ordersend error 131"

    can you help and explain me?

    thank's

    PS sorry for my englis i hoppe i wrote right ;-)
    On the inputs change the following:

    ECN to True
    HideSL and HideTP to True.

    That should do it.

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default

    hi Funyoo
    fibo v 1,02 doesn't work, i am using fxpro broker, Please can you help me?
    thank you so much
    Antonio

  10. #20

    Default

    jolimoney,

    Are you forward testing this EA?

Similar Threads

  1. Fibobars Like EA
    By daxc in forum Ideas for expert advisors
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 17:48

Tags for this Thread

100, automatic, average, broker, candles, candlestick, change, ecn, eur, free, high, home, how to, indicator, main, moving average, mt4, profit, profitable, programming, signal, signals, sma, stop, stoploss, support, systems, test, thank you, time, trading, trailing, trend

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •