Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 307
  75 75 Attachment(s)    

Thread: Ilan1.4

  1. #11
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enabu View Post
    Hi Mr funyo, please can you put a stoploss code in this EA(it is attached to this post),I don't seem to understand the stop loss code in it.I tried to read the code but it is confusing.I tried to make the stop loss into an external variable but it doesn't seem to stop the trade at the stoploss value I gave.please help me
    thanks in adavance
    Yes the code is very unusual, this is the first time that I see a function instead of ordersend, the sl and the tp. Here it is.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Yes the code is very unusual, this is the first time that I see a function instead of ordersend, the sl and the tp. Here it is.
    Thanks funyoo
    It's unnerving seeing a bunch of trades several hundred $s down knowing there's no stoploss.
    Junja

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Yes the code is very unusual, this is the first time that I see a function instead of ordersend, the sl and the tp. Here it is.
    thanks mr Funyoo.I really apprecaite your help.I am fishing hard for a good EA.I have lost close to 20,000 dollars manual trading.Now I had to get a job to cope.thats why when i discovered the existence of EAs I was excited and have been working on learning writting them(am still not good at it).If any of your improvements or EAs help me get back on my financial feet, i will make a donation for you effort.
    Thank you sir, for your time and unbelievebale patience

  4. #14

    Default usehur function

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Yes the code is very unusual, this is the first time that I see a function instead of ordersend, the sl and the tp. Here it is.
    Mr Funyoo, hope am not becoming a pest?just can't let an opportunity go when I see one.Please can you put a use hour fnction for this EA(ilan,mq4)so that it doesnot trade between 4pm Eastern and 2am eastern.
    thank you sir

  5. #15
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enabu View Post
    Mr Funyoo, hope am not becoming a pest?
    Not at all!

    Quote Originally Posted by enabu View Post
    just can't let an opportunity go when I see one.Please can you put a use hour fnction for this EA(ilan,mq4)so that it doesnot trade between 4pm Eastern and 2am eastern.
    thank you sir
    It's a good idea. It seems that there is more potential with a time filter. Here it is.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Not at all!



    It's a good idea. It seems that there is more potential with a time filter. Here it is.
    Thanks a billion Mr Funyoo.You are a God sent!I have been experiment with it.it seems like a good EA(though one can't confirm that by just one day of forward testing)I am so tempted to use it in my live account but common sense is taken the better part of me.

    If I may ask, do u know of any good EA I can use on a live account?My strategy is to have five EAs running at once with the lot size allocated to each according to my money management rules(kinda diversifying my risk).
    If you do know of a consistently EA please coudl you give me a linkI sure would make a donation to you effort when I get back on my feeet.
    thank you sir

  7. #17
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enabu View Post
    Thanks a billion Mr Funyoo.You are a God sent!
    You're welcome!

    Quote Originally Posted by enabu View Post
    If I may ask, do u know of any good EA I can use on a live account?My strategy is to have five EAs running at once with the lot size allocated to each according to my money management rules(kinda diversifying my risk).
    If you do know of a consistently EA please coudl you give me a linkI sure would make a donation to you effort when I get back on my feeet.
    thank you sir
    As I said to another member, you can be sure that if I had a such system, I would have posted it and I would have put a link on the header of the board. This is the main purpose of this website, with the time we will find what are the best solutions. For the moment, you can participate to the top, by posting your strategy tester (on one year with 90% modelling quality data) and demo (when you have finished a test) detailed statements. Then I will update the table.

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    You're welcome!



    As I said to another member, you can be sure that if I had a such system, I would have posted it and I would have put a link on the header of the board. This is the main purpose of this website, with the time we will find what are the best solutions. For the moment, you can participate to the top, by posting your strategy tester (on one year with 90% modelling quality data) and demo (when you have finished a test) detailed statements. Then I will update the table.
    Ok Mr Funyoo.
    thanks for your great work

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    7

    Default Errors

    On backtest, there were a great many 131 send errors - invalid trade volume.
    I haven't pursued this but at first glance it looks as if Lots & LotsDigits didn't correspond. Using LotExponent = 1.667, the number of decimals in Lots has to be rounded down in line with lot size - and the default values (below) are in conflict.

    Lots = 0.1; // now the micro lots 0.01 are available, at that if 0.1 is specified then the next one in the series will be 0.16
    LotsDigits=2; // nbr of places after the decimal point in lot size - 2 = micro lots 0.01, 1 = mini lots 0.1, 0 = normal lots 1.0

    I also note that there is no server error handling.
    When everything was working, the curve was quite impressive ..
    Junja

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by junja View Post
    On backtest, there were a great many 131 send errors - invalid trade volume.
    I haven't pursued this but at first glance it looks as if Lots & LotsDigits didn't correspond. Using LotExponent = 1.667, the number of decimals in Lots has to be rounded down in line with lot size - and the default values (below) are in conflict.

    Lots = 0.1; // now the micro lots 0.01 are available, at that if 0.1 is specified then the next one in the series will be 0.16
    LotsDigits=2; // nbr of places after the decimal point in lot size - 2 = micro lots 0.01, 1 = mini lots 0.1, 0 = normal lots 1.0

    I also note that there is no server error handling.
    When everything was working, the curve was quite impressive ..
    Junja


    junta,
    could u tell me what setings you used to handle the the errors you stated above that finally made u get an impressive equity curve.would appreciate it if you post it here.

    attached is my statemet for todays trading
    Attached Files Attached Files

Similar Threads

  1. Ilan1.4 SecureProfit
    By funyoo in forum Expert advisors live statements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-14-2012, 03:22
  2. Ilan1.4
    By funyoo in forum Expert advisors live statements
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 06-24-2009, 14:58
  3. Ilan1.43
    By funyoo in forum Expert advisors live statements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 17:38
  4. Ilan1.4 SecureProfit
    By funyoo in forum Expert advisors live statements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 00:49
  5. Ilan1.4
    By funyoo in forum Expert advisors live statements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 23:55

Tags for this Thread

100, 100 pips, advisor, alpari, alpari uk, average, backtest, backtesting, broker, brokers, candle, change, change direction, closing, color, currency pairs, demo, ea trading, ea works, eas, elite, eur, eur/usd, eurjpy, eurusd, expert, expert advisor, expert advisors, experts, fifo, forex, forex tester, forex trading, forex training, free, fxopen, gbpusd, hedge, hedging, heiken ashi, high, home, how to, ilan, indicator, japan, learn, live, live account, low, magic, magic number, main, manual, manual trading, martingale, meta trader, metatrader, mq4, mql, mql4, mt4, mt4 build, mt5, news, online, profit, profit factor, profitable, real, review, robot, rsi, scalper, scalping, sells, server, short term, signal, slippage, small account, spread, stop, stoploss, strategies, strategy, support, system, systems, test, thank you, time, timefilter, trader, trading, trailing, training, trend, usd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •