Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45
  14 14 Attachment(s)    

Thread: SSL Channel EA

  1. #11
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Denoiser View Post
    Like this, few lost, and more winner positions
    Ok, this is what does the classic version.

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8

    Default hi

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    This is a repainting zigzag, I can't work on it. I have done it with a nonlag zigzag.
    I have tested many times the EA.
    In theory should not be missed.
    Instead loses.
    Probably when the fluctuations are small.
    I thought a new approach.
    You enclosed a parabolic indicator will be "special".
    How to change the EA is written on the screenshot attacched.
    Thank you
    Romano
    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. #13

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default Losses with backtest for SSL

    Hi funyoo, this is my first post so I would first of all like to thank you very much for your hard work and brilliance!

    I found the concept of the SSL EA very interesting, however, same as Romano, the EA posted losses in the backtest environment. In theory, this should not be the case... I was wondering what factors could have caused this (since your backtests are positive). Also, it does not seem that the EA is buying/selling at proper points (could this have anything to do with the GMT time offset with different brokers - sorry if this is a silly question). Thanks for your time!

  5. #15
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fxlife View Post
    Hi funyoo, this is my first post so I would first of all like to thank you very much for your hard work and brilliance!

    I found the concept of the SSL EA very interesting, however, same as Romano, the EA posted losses in the backtest environment. In theory, this should not be the case... I was wondering what factors could have caused this (since your backtests are positive). Also, it does not seem that the EA is buying/selling at proper points (could this have anything to do with the GMT time offset with different brokers - sorry if this is a silly question). Thanks for your time!
    Hi fxlife and welcome,

    The first version enters orders only when the ssl channel is included in a big candle. As each broker has different tick data, it explains why the results are different, you have to do some optimization.

    If you want a code with the usual entries, you have to use the classic version, but as you can see in the past, the ssl channel has a lot of bad signals, we have still to filter that with a moving average for example, or something else.

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default Williams %R

    Funyoo, what do you think about adding a Williams %R into this EA.

  7. #17
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fxlife View Post
    Funyoo, what do you think about adding a Williams %R into this EA.
    How the Williams %R would be used ?

  8. #18
    Member Denoiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hungary
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Ok, this is what does the classic version.
    oh Im realy sorry man, forgot try firstly without tp sl ts

  9. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    8

    Default Hi

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    This is a repainting zigzag, I can't work on it. I have done it with a nonlag zigzag.
    You can put an alert when your indicator Higt Low v 2 reverses direction?
    The right time is when the track line.
    Thank you
    Romano

  10. #20
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by romano View Post
    You can put an alert when your indicator Higt Low v 2 reverses direction?
    The right time is when the track line.
    Thank you
    Romano
    Unfortunately, I don't see how to add an alert to this particular indicator. I suggest you to submit your request here :

    Zigzag indicators - Forex Trading

Similar Threads

  1. Fractal Channel EA
    By claypot in forum Ideas for expert advisors
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-18-2015, 18:15
  2. Ma channel
    By himnoor in forum Ideas for expert advisors
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 16:29
  3. Req. Optimus channel EA
    By Trint in forum Expert advisors backtesting
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 06:30
  4. SSL Channel EA
    By funyoo in forum Expert advisors live statements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-29-2009, 18:40

Tags for this Thread

100, advisor, average, backtest, backtesting, brokers, candle, change, channel, demo, eurusd, ex4, expert, expert advisor, experts, forex, forex trading, how to, indicator, indicators, low, magic, magic number, metatrader, moving average, mq4, profit, programming, request, signal, signals, simple, spread, stop, stoploss, test, thank you, time, trading, trailing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •