Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35
  13 13 Attachment(s)    

Thread: Forex Smart S System EA

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    631

    Default

    I dont understand this, i have tried to backtest this EA but it gives me no trades at all for the last 3 months, is this normal

  2. #12

    Default

    Well, I'm trying this on a demo account now. Hopefully, it will open up some trades.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    631

    Default

    bnbb2004

    Yea well i just can not get this EA to open any trades, i have done a backtest on this for the last year with no open trades at all, maybe you can have more luck than me

  4. #14

    Default

    Funyoo,

    I think Wannaberich is right about this EA as it doesn't appear to be opening trades. Please take a look at the screen shot and tell me if it should've placed a trade on the last cross (and possibly the cross before the last also).
    Attached Images Attached Images Forex Smart S System EA-forex-smart-s-jpg 
    Last edited by bnbb2004; 01-15-2009 at 04:35.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    631

    Default

    yeah something not right for sure, no matter what backtest period i use i get no trades opened.

  6. #16
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bnbb2004 View Post
    Funyoo,

    I think Wannaberich is right about this EA as it doesn't appear to be opening trades. Please take a look at the screen shot and tell me if it should've placed a trade on the last cross (and possibly the cross before the last also).
    Hi bnbb2004,

    I will test it to see that when I will have a slot available on my vps.

  7. #17

    Default

    Okay, Funyoo.

    It actually did open a trade yesterday, but I'm not sure if it got in too late.

    The cross looks like it occurred at 08:00 and the nonlag turned blue at 12:00, but the trade wasn't placed until 16:00. What triggers the entry on this EA?
    Attached Images Attached Images Forex Smart S System EA-fx-smart-s-system-trade-buy-jpg 

  8. #18
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bnbb2004 View Post
    Okay, Funyoo.

    It actually did open a trade yesterday, but I'm not sure if it got in too late.

    The cross looks like it occurred at 08:00 and the nonlag turned blue at 12:00, but the trade wasn't placed until 16:00. What triggers the entry on this EA?
    Yes it is.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Yes it is.
    So, wasn't it a delayed entry? What triggers the entry?

  10. #20
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bnbb2004 View Post
    So, wasn't it a delayed entry? What triggers the entry?
    Nonlagma color change and Stoch cross confirmed at second bar.

Similar Threads

  1. Trading W/ Smart Money
    By nyse1982 in forum Ideas for manual systems
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 08:27
  2. Forex Smart S System
    By funyoo in forum Manual systems statements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-14-2009, 02:49

Tags for this Thread

advisor, backtest, broker, change, color, demo, expert, expert advisor, expert advisors, forex, how to, indicator, indicators, learn, manual, manual trading, martingale, mt4, profit, programming, real, review, signal, simple, stoch, stochastic, stop, strategy, system, test, thank you, time, trading

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •