Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 210
  69 69 Attachment(s)    

Thread: FT_Scalp Parabolic

  1. #111
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Hi beginnertrade and welcome,

    You put the mq4 file in the experts folder. Then you start Metatrader, you open a chart and your drag the expert to this chart. Here you can load settings (set file) in Inputs, before to apply the code.
    Funyoo
    I have a request.
    Can you do the hedged version 1.1 with magic numbers please.
    It seems these ea's all should have magic number for ease to use with other Ea's.

    Thanks again!

  2. #112
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    9

    Default EA Functions/Parameters

    I'm sure there are several people other than (the probably overworked Funyoo) who may be able to answer this question. The FT_Scalp Parabolic EA has numerous settings in the inputs which remain a mystery to me. Can anyone provide some background to the workings of these parameters?

    Much appreciated for any insight(s) provided

    Cheers,

    Doug

  3. #113

    Default

    funyoo,

    I installed the EA and then loaded the .set file and adjusted my start time accordingly for FXDD. The smiley face is on in the upper right corner but the EA isn't working for some reason. I also tried to run a backtest and no trades were taken. Do you have any ideas how to fix this or what I'm doing wrong?

    Thanks
    rptrader

  4. #114

    Default

    rp,

    If you look at the graph in the opening post there are 220 trades in one year...so that means you might get one trade a day or...even one trade every other day...

    ES


    Quote Originally Posted by rptrader View Post
    funyoo,

    I installed the EA and then loaded the .set file and adjusted my start time accordingly for FXDD. The smiley face is on in the upper right corner but the EA isn't working for some reason. I also tried to run a backtest and no trades were taken. Do you have any ideas how to fix this or what I'm doing wrong?

    Thanks
    rptrader

  5. #115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricSavant View Post
    rp,

    If you look at the graph in the opening post there are 220 trades in one year...so that means you might get one trade a day or...even one trade every other day...

    ES
    Elecrtic,

    I realize that, but trades should show up when I backtest. For some reason the EA doesn't make any trades in backtest mode either. That means there's something wrong, as far as I know. Do you have any idea on what I have done wrong or what I can do to try to solve the problem?

    Thanks
    rptrader

  6. #116

    Default

    rp,

    I stuck my nose where it does not belong...I am a forward tester only and I cannot comment and I apologize...

    I hope you get an answer...it is usually a digit thing or the "m" thing if you use an IBFX mini.....

    ES

    Quote Originally Posted by rptrader View Post
    Elecrtic,

    I realize that, but trades should show up when I backtest. For some reason the EA doesn't make any trades in backtest mode either. That means there's something wrong, as far as I know. Do you have any idea on what I have done wrong or what I can do to try to solve the problem?

    Thanks
    rptrader

  7. #117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricSavant View Post
    rp,

    I stuck my nose where it does not belong...I am a forward tester only and I cannot comment and I apologize...

    I hope you get an answer...it is usually a digit thing or the "m" thing if you use an IBFX mini.....

    ES
    Electric,

    No worries, and I know you were just trying to help. I'm a big believer in forward testing as well. The only reason I ran the backtest was to see if I had the EA set up correctly. I appearantly do not. So hopefully funyoo, or someone, can help me out. Are you forward testing this EA? If so, how has it been going?

    rptrader

  8. #118

    Default

    It makes money...but I restarted it as I adjusted the lotsize and I removed the time filter to see what happens...

    I do not have a comprehensive post to make yet...

    ES


    Quote Originally Posted by rptrader View Post
    Electric,

    No worries, and I know you were just trying to help. I'm a big believer in forward testing as well. The only reason I ran the backtest was to see if I had the EA set up correctly. I appearantly do not. So hopefully funyoo, or someone, can help me out. Are you forward testing this EA? If so, how has it been going?

    rptrader

  9. #119

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricSavant View Post
    It makes money...but I restarted it as I adjusted the lotsize and I removed the time filter to see what happens...

    I do not have a comprehensive post to make yet...

    ES
    Well, hopefully I'll get mine working very soon and we can compare results and help each other. I'll let you know when I get it working.

    rptrader

  10. #120
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by berdj View Post
    Funyoo
    I have a request.
    Can you do the hedged version 1.1 with magic numbers please.
    It seems these ea's all should have magic number for ease to use with other Ea's.

    Thanks again!
    Hi berdj,

    Here it is.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Similar Threads

  1. Parabolic SAR EA
    By funyoo in forum Expert advisors backtesting
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 03-19-2016, 17:25
  2. Parabolic SAR EA
    By mehoolsheth in forum Expert advisors backtesting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2011, 14:16
  3. FT_Scalp Parabolic MMR
    By Chilibowl in forum Expert advisors backtesting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-13-2010, 23:13
  4. FT_Scalp Parabolic
    By funyoo in forum Expert advisors live statements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-03-2009, 22:17

Tags for this Thread

100, advisor, alpari, alpari uk, average, backtest, backtesting, beginner, best forex ea, breakeven, broker, brokers, change, copy, demo, design, ea works, eas, eur, eur/usd, eurjpy, eurusd, ex4, expert, expert advisor, expert advisors, experts, forex, forex ea, forex trading, funyoo, fxopen, gbpjpy, gbpusd, hedge, hedging, high, historical, home, how to, indicator, indicators, learn, live, live account, long term, magic, managed, martingale, metatrader, metatrader4, mq4, mql, mql4, mt4, ordersend error 4051, parabolic sar, profit, programming, real, request, scalp, sells, server, signal, singapore, spread, stop, strategy, support, system, test, thank you, time, trader, trading, trailing, trailingstop, trend, usd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •