Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 109
  34 34 Attachment(s)    

Thread: PentzParabolic v1.0

  1. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agentrfr View Post
    Should the EA be optimised every week, using last weeks data?

    As the latest set files fail horribly for the most part, but for the last week or two, they work excellently.
    Every week might be overkill, but it wouldn't hurt. I plan to optimize at least every couple weeks. How far back did you backtest?

    Paul

  2. #92

    Default Optimization Results

    Here is a spreadsheet of the results I got when optimizing. The values I selected for the set files I posted are not the highest returning settings. I tried to get a combination of high return and lower drawdown. The settings are sorted highest to lowest for profit.

    Paul
    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. #93

    Default

    The settings ppentz post last for a maximum of 2 weeks or it blows the account :/

    Or at least thats what my broker's data tells me.

    Thanks for the great work ppentz. Keep it up!

  4. #94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agentrfr View Post
    The settings ppentz post last for a maximum of 2 weeks or it blows the account :/

    Or at least thats what my broker's data tells me.

    Thanks for the great work ppentz. Keep it up!
    Are you getting those results from backtesting?

  5. #95

    Default

    Yes I am. I've started forward testing now since Sunday night on GBP/USD and USD/JPY with the latest set files of each.

  6. #96

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agentrfr View Post
    Yes I am. I've started forward testing now since Sunday night on GBP/USD and USD/JPY with the latest set files of each.
    You should be getting better results going back 2 months or so. Not sure why its doing that bad. What kind of account is it, micro or mini? What is the setting for LotSizeChangeAmount?

  7. #97
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Paul,

    Congratulations on the ea. So far very effective. Here's my forward test for almost a months time. Again, thanks.

    EURUSD 1hr, All default except no MM and lot size and inc .10 and .10
    Photo of my chart shows change in equity vs balance, very nice.

    PP1.3 Version
    Attached Images Attached Images PentzParabolic v1.0-pp-gif PentzParabolic v1.0-ppimage-gif 
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faifarni View Post
    Paul,

    Congratulations on the ea. So far very effective. Here's my forward test for almost a months time. Again, thanks.

    EURUSD 1hr, All default except no MM and lot size and inc .10 and .10
    Photo of my chart shows change in equity vs balance, very nice.

    PP1.3 Version
    A couple comments ...

    A $2000 balance isn't enough to use .10 starting lot sizes. There just isn't enough room to handle a bad market and you'll hit the equity protection, which is what happened during those two downturns. That said, as long as you understand the increased risk I guess it's up to you. You'll make money faster but you'll have the occasional hit that you see in your statement.

    Paul

  9. #99
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ppentz View Post
    A couple comments ...

    A $2000 balance isn't enough to use .10 starting lot sizes. There just isn't enough room to handle a bad market and you'll hit the equity protection, which is what happened during those two downturns. That said, as long as you understand the increased risk I guess it's up to you. You'll make money faster but you'll have the occasional hit that you see in your statement.

    Paul
    Yes, it is a high starting lot size but I started the lot size based on watching your live statement. The .10 lot sizes are being traded on a penny per pip micro/nano demo account.

  10. #100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by faifarni View Post
    Yes, it is a high starting lot size but I started the lot size based on watching your live statement. The .10 lot sizes are being traded on a penny per pip micro/nano demo account.
    My bad, I didn't notice the actual dollar amounts.

    I looked at your statement and something doesn't seem right. There are a few occasions when it didn't recover right. Instead of opening the bigger lot size, it just stopped and started over, that's why you're seeing those losses. The dollar amounts aren't that big so I don't think it's getting a margin call or a "not enough money" error. Is there something in your config that is limiting the lot size?

    Paul

Tags for this Thread

10%, 100, 100 pips, alpari, alpari uk, analysis, backtest, backtesting, broker, brokers, change, check it out, closing, coding, comparison, demo, ea works, eas, eur, eurusd, ex4, expert, fifo, forex, forex trading, free, free ea, fxopen, gbpusd, generic, high, historical, home, indicator, indicators, learn, live, live account, long term, magic, main, manual, martingale, metatrader, metatrader4, mirror, money, mq4, mt4, nfa, online, pairs, parabolic sar, profit, profitable, real, sells, server, simple, slippage, small account, stop, stoploss, support, system, systems, technical analysis, test, thank you, time, tool, trader, trading, trading platform, trend, usd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •