Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 109
  34 34 Attachment(s)    

Thread: PentzParabolic v1.0

  1. #61
    randy1953
    Guest

    Default

    But in that setfile you have 5000 in lot adjust not 20,000?
    Randy

    Quote Originally Posted by ppentz View Post
    I got these results using version 1.3 and the included .set file. The date range was 9-1-2009 - 12-24-2009.

  2. #62
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Hi ppentz
    Thank you for your good work.
    I have some questions :
    I have a UK Alpari démo account (5000Euros), which version must I use ?
    Is there special adjustments to make?
    Concerning optimization, which are the parameters to be optimized ?
    Concerning the period to be optimized, you said, you optimized the recent period and not a longer period such as for example one year. Is this correct ? Your system is optimised for the current market conditions, has which interval are you doing this ?
    For backtesting, we can optimise two months datas and then we apply the result over the third month,is what that appears realistic to you?
    Thank you for your answers.
    Excuse me for mypoor english, I am french.

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by onu View Post
    the link doesnt show anything..
    It was working last night, updating every 5 minutes. That's the link it showed at the bottom of the page. I probably screwed something up.

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randy1953 View Post
    But in that setfile you have 5000 in lot adjust not 20,000?
    Randy
    If you're running a mini account with 0.1 minimum lot size, you need to use 20,000 in lot adjust, or maybe even higher. If it's a micro account with minimum lot size of 0.01 then you can use 5000. This assumes you're leaving the AutoLotSize setting to true. If you change it to false and used 0.1 lot sizes in the parameters, then you need 20,000. Make sense? Just remember, the smaller the value in LotSizeChangeAmount the more aggressively it's going to increase the lot sizes so smaller value = increased risk.

    Paul

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssirr57 View Post
    Hi ppentz
    Thank you for your good work.
    I have some questions :
    I have a UK Alpari démo account (5000Euros), which version must I use ?
    Is there special adjustments to make?
    Concerning optimization, which are the parameters to be optimized ?
    Concerning the period to be optimized, you said, you optimized the recent period and not a longer period such as for example one year. Is this correct ? Your system is optimised for the current market conditions, has which interval are you doing this ?
    For backtesting, we can optimise two months datas and then we apply the result over the third month,is what that appears realistic to you?
    Thank you for your answers.
    Excuse me for mypoor english, I am french.
    Howdy!

    Thanks for your interest! You should use version 1.3 and the .set files I've uploaded. There is one for EURUSD and one for AUDUSD. Those files assume you are using a micro account with a minimum lot size of 0.01. If it's a mini account you'll need to set the LotSizeChangeAmount parameter to something much higher, 20,000 or even 25,000.

    There are 4 parameters that need to be optimized: PipSpread, PipIncrement, SARstep and SARmax. To get the best results you'll need to do all 4 at the same time, which is pretty time consuming. Here is how I set the values for optimizing:

    PipSpread: Start = 10; Step = 1; Stop = 30
    PipIncrement: Start = 0; Step = 1; Stop = 10
    SARstep: Start = 0.001; Step = 0.001; Stop = 0.02
    SARmax: Start = 0.01; Step = 0.01; Stop = 0.02

    You can change any values you want, of course, but those are what I used. The time period I used was Nov. 1 through the current date, so almost two months. If you have the hardware to optimize for a longer period, like a year, give it a try. On my PC it would take several weeks. Just be sure you have an accurate history file!

    Your plan for backtesting sounds good to me! Let me know how it goes.

    Paul

  6. #66
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Thank you Paul for your answer.
    I will look at that the next week.
    I will keep you informed of the results.

  7. #67

    Default New Myfxbook link

    Here's a new link to my account at Myfxbook. I had to delete the old one because, for whatever reason, it stopped updating. Here is the link:
    PentzParabolic on Myfxbook

    I don't know why the other one stopped, but hopefully this one wont.

    Paul

  8. #68

    Default

    Good luck ppentz. Im looking forwards to it.

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ppentz View Post
    Here's a new link to my account at Myfxbook. I had to delete the old one because, for whatever reason, it stopped updating. Here is the link:
    PentzParabolic on Myfxbook

    I don't know why the other one stopped, but hopefully this one wont.

    Paul
    Back to MT4Live for me. I can't get myfxbook to update. Here's the link:
    MT4Live.com - Share Your MT4 Statements Free

  10. #70

    Default Live account update

    It's only fair I update the good with the bad. Last week was not good for PentzParabolic. At one point my account was down about $500. It did recover most of it, but ended up down about $100. The lot size got pretty big too so it was hard to watch, but I wanted to let it go to see if it would recover like it's suppose to. It did recover, but like I said, not all of it.

    I think the biggest problem was it was a holiday week so the markets were pretty quiet and therefore ranging. This week should get back to normal so I'm hoping it will start making money again.

    Paul

Tags for this Thread

10%, 100, 100 pips, alpari, alpari uk, analysis, backtest, backtesting, broker, brokers, change, check it out, closing, coding, comparison, demo, ea works, eas, eur, eurusd, ex4, expert, fifo, forex, forex trading, free, free ea, fxopen, gbpusd, generic, high, historical, home, indicator, indicators, learn, live, live account, long term, magic, main, manual, martingale, metatrader, metatrader4, mirror, money, mq4, mt4, nfa, online, pairs, parabolic sar, profit, profitable, real, sells, server, simple, slippage, small account, stop, stoploss, support, system, systems, technical analysis, test, thank you, time, tool, trader, trading, trading platform, trend, usd

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •