But in that setfile you have 5000 in lot adjust not 20,000?
Originally Posted by ppentz
Thank you for your good work.
I have some questions :
I have a UK Alpari démo account (5000Euros), which version must I use ?
Is there special adjustments to make?
Concerning optimization, which are the parameters to be optimized ?
Concerning the period to be optimized, you said, you optimized the recent period and not a longer period such as for example one year. Is this correct ? Your system is optimised for the current market conditions, has which interval are you doing this ?
For backtesting, we can optimise two months datas and then we apply the result over the third month,is what that appears realistic to you?
Thank you for your answers.
Excuse me for mypoor english, I am french.
It was working last night, updating every 5 minutes. That's the link it showed at the bottom of the page. I probably screwed something up.
Originally Posted by onu
If you're running a mini account with 0.1 minimum lot size, you need to use 20,000 in lot adjust, or maybe even higher. If it's a micro account with minimum lot size of 0.01 then you can use 5000. This assumes you're leaving the AutoLotSize setting to true. If you change it to false and used 0.1 lot sizes in the parameters, then you need 20,000. Make sense? Just remember, the smaller the value in LotSizeChangeAmount the more aggressively it's going to increase the lot sizes so smaller value = increased risk.
Originally Posted by randy1953
Originally Posted by ssirr57
Thanks for your interest! You should use version 1.3 and the .set files I've uploaded. There is one for EURUSD and one for AUDUSD. Those files assume you are using a micro account with a minimum lot size of 0.01. If it's a mini account you'll need to set the LotSizeChangeAmount parameter to something much higher, 20,000 or even 25,000.
There are 4 parameters that need to be optimized: PipSpread, PipIncrement, SARstep and SARmax. To get the best results you'll need to do all 4 at the same time, which is pretty time consuming. Here is how I set the values for optimizing:
PipSpread: Start = 10; Step = 1; Stop = 30
PipIncrement: Start = 0; Step = 1; Stop = 10
SARstep: Start = 0.001; Step = 0.001; Stop = 0.02
SARmax: Start = 0.01; Step = 0.01; Stop = 0.02
You can change any values you want, of course, but those are what I used. The time period I used was Nov. 1 through the current date, so almost two months. If you have the hardware to optimize for a longer period, like a year, give it a try. On my PC it would take several weeks. Just be sure you have an accurate history file!
Your plan for backtesting sounds good to me! Let me know how it goes.
Thank you Paul for your answer.
I will look at that the next week.
I will keep you informed of the results.
New Myfxbook link
Here's a new link to my account at Myfxbook. I had to delete the old one because, for whatever reason, it stopped updating. Here is the link:
PentzParabolic on Myfxbook
I don't know why the other one stopped, but hopefully this one wont.
Good luck ppentz. Im looking forwards to it.
Back to MT4Live for me. I can't get myfxbook to update. Here's the link:
Originally Posted by ppentz
MT4Live.com - Share Your MT4 Statements Free
Live account update
It's only fair I update the good with the bad. Last week was not good for PentzParabolic. At one point my account was down about $500. It did recover most of it, but ended up down about $100. The lot size got pretty big too so it was hard to watch, but I wanted to let it go to see if it would recover like it's suppose to. It did recover, but like I said, not all of it.
I think the biggest problem was it was a holiday week so the markets were pretty quiet and therefore ranging. This week should get back to normal so I'm hoping it will start making money again.
Tags for this Thread