Results 1 to 10 of 10
  11 11 Attachment(s)    

Thread: Trix-MTF EA

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    46

    Default Trix-MTF EA

    Hi Funyoo,
    I can see you are getting lots of requests for EA's.
    So if you get time to code this EA, it should be profitable. It works well manually. If we can fine tune it and improve R/R, maybe with dynamic SL and TP, I think this EA will have lots of potential.

    This is how it works....
    Long Signal
    60 min TF at close of bar TRIX is above zero
    15 min TF at close of bar TRIX is above zero
    5 min TF at close of bar TRIX is above zero
    Price is greater than 10 pips below round number (50 pip grid)
    Price is greater than 10 pips below any line generated by Autopivot indy
    5 ATR is above 25 ATR and daily range has room (green numbers in xADR indy) ie daily range is less than 80% of average
    The 5 min 15 min 30min and 60 min signals on ToR indy should be green
    Enter long when price goes 2 pips above high of signal bar.(Signal bar is when trix has CLOSED above /below zero----for the 60 min 15min and 5 min)
    20 pip T/P and 30 S/L.
    Lot size is based on 2% of account using 30 pip S/L

    Short Signal
    Reverse of above except the ATR and daily range rule is the same
    No trades 30 min either side of high and medium impact news
    EA is run on 5 min TF

    Also option to use dynamic SL and TP, based around ATR
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
    Hi Funyoo,
    I can see you are getting lots of requests for EA's.
    So if you get time to code this EA, it should be profitable. It works well manually. If we can fine tune it and improve R/R, maybe with dynamic SL and TP, I think this EA will have lots of potential.

    This is how it works....
    Long Signal
    60 min TF at close of bar TRIX is above zero
    15 min TF at close of bar TRIX is above zero
    5 min TF at close of bar TRIX is above zero
    Price is greater than 10 pips below round number (50 pip grid)
    Price is greater than 10 pips below any line generated by Autopivot indy
    5 ATR is above 25 ATR and daily range has room (green numbers in xADR indy) ie daily range is less than 80% of average
    The 5 min 15 min 30min and 60 min signals on ToR indy should be green
    Enter long when price goes 2 pips above high of signal bar.(Signal bar is when trix has CLOSED above /below zero----for the 60 min 15min and 5 min)
    20 pip T/P and 30 S/L.
    Lot size is based on 2% of account using 30 pip S/L

    Short Signal
    Reverse of above except the ATR and daily range rule is the same
    No trades 30 min either side of high and medium impact news
    EA is run on 5 min TF

    Also option to use dynamic SL and TP, based around ATR
    Hi bob123,

    Here is an EA.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    46

    Default EA

    Thanks for taking the time Funyoo..
    I am just testing and get ...
    ArrayCopyRates function internal error

  4. #4
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
    Thanks for taking the time Funyoo..
    I am just testing and get ...
    ArrayCopyRates function internal error
    Hi bob123,

    Ok here is another version.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    46

    Default Trades

    Hi Funyoo,
    Selecting only trix signal, trades should follow red or blue arrows. Maxtrades = 1
    2 trades on same signal and first trades is late. Could you check please.
    Attached the set file I was using for the test.
    Attached Images Attached Images Trix-MTF EA-trixmtf-png 
    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #6
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
    Hi Funyoo,
    Selecting only trix signal, trades should follow red or blue arrows. Maxtrades = 1
    2 trades on same signal and first trades is late. Could you check please.
    Attached the set file I was using for the test.
    Hi bob123,

    Ok, here is a new version.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    46

    Default Mtf

    Hi Funyoo, I am running back test but extremely slow.
    The smSuper TRIX_PV_v2.mq4 indy is a big user of resources.
    Is it possible to code this indy into the EA to make testing faster, instead of using an icustom call?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    46

    Default Pdf

    Here is the link to FF containing an excellent PDF file explaining this method.


    Edit:
    Trix-MTF.. moved to a new Thread
    http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=201414
    Last edited by bob123; 11-06-2009 at 02:22.

  9. #9
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
    Hi Funyoo, I am running back test but extremely slow.
    The smSuper TRIX_PV_v2.mq4 indy is a big user of resources.
    Is it possible to code this indy into the EA to make testing faster, instead of using an icustom call?
    Hi bob123,

    I have added a line in the code in order to only call the indicator one time per bar instead of each time we have a new tick.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    46

    Default test

    Hi Funyoo,
    Thanks ..I will begin more testing and get back as soon as I can.

Similar Threads

  1. Trix v4.01 Div EA
    By funyoo in forum Expert advisors live statements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-28-2012, 08:16
  2. Trix Expert Advisor
    By funyoo in forum Expert advisors backtesting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-18-2011, 12:52
  3. Bbmacd and Trix EA
    By generous forex in forum Ideas for expert advisors
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 08:47

Tags for this Thread

atr, funyoo, grid, high, indicator, mq4, pips, profitable, signal, signals, test, time

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •