Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
 9 Attachment(s)    

Thread: Random Flow EA

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Hi LV,

    Here is another version.

    Hi Funyoo,

    The EA continues with the same issues, if you don't mind I'd make a few modifications to avoid them by now:

    -Instead of use Standard Deviation, please use X grids (visible) - based on daily volatility, above and below the random entry, and use the following strategy (put an option to disable this type of grids and be able to use manual grids):

    -If we are long and price goes against and the 1st grid is reached, add a short position with n factor lot size. Close all positions when profit/pips reached.
    -In this case (long) and if the price is continuing going against us, we only add short positions (until profit), if its going for us, we only add long positions.

    -If we are short, do de inverse.

    Regards,

    LV


    P.S. Please answer to my Day Break EA post.
    Last edited by Lordvader; 11-25-2009 at 10:07.

  2. #12
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Hi LV,

    It works but the standard deviation value is too big. It will place stop orders too far from the price. Try with a lower timeframe.

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Hi LV,

    It works but the standard deviation value is too big. It will place stop orders too far from the price. Try with a lower timeframe.

    Hi Funyoo,

    I Can't see how it could work... I've tried SD with lower timeframes, and it makes no difference. I really think now that SD is not a good idea, please could you use instead Volatility with enable/disable option?
    After the first entry, anf if prices goes against us, the EA only adds short positions. But the idea is "if price goes against us, add inverse positions"
    Please refer to the image I've posted in the 1st page of this thread - that is what I mean.

    Meaning: If we enter long, above entry we only have TP and buy stops, if we enter short, below entry we only TP have sell stops.

    Regards,

    LV
    Last edited by Lordvader; 11-29-2009 at 16:14.

  4. #14
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordvader View Post
    Hi Funyoo,

    I Can't see how it could work... I've tried SD with lower timeframes, and it makes no difference. I really think now that SD is not a good idea, please could you use instead Volatility with enable/disable option?
    After the first entry, anf if prices goes against us, the EA only adds short positions. But the idea is "if price goes against us, add inverse positions"
    Please refer to the image I've posted in the 1st page of this thread - that is what I mean.

    Meaning: If we enter long, above entry we only have TP and buy stops, if we enter short, below entry we only TP have sell stops.

    Regards,

    LV
    Hi Lordvader,

    What do you mean by volatility, with what indicator do you determine it ? We open a new order above the entry on each new open (as I can see on the screenshot) ?

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Hi Lordvader,

    What do you mean by volatility, with what indicator do you determine it ? We open a new order above the entry on each new open (as I can see on the screenshot) ?

    Hi Funnyo,

    Thank you very much for your time.

    Formula: Variation=Average(Higher-Lower)
    But you could program it also to define the grid steps manually.

    Let me explain the strategy with an example, because the picture could be a little "confusing":

    Suppose the grid steps are 30 pips.
    -We enter short.
    -TP is 30 pips below entry
    -Buy stop is 30 pips above entry with n factor lot size
    -If price reaches entry - (minus) 30 pips we take the profit.
    -If price goes against our entry, we'll open a new (reverse) position @: entry + (plus) 30 pips.
    -We close all positions when overall profit is "x" pips or "x" account %
    -We only continue to add positions if price goes against us 30 pips and comes back to our initial TP (if so, we add another short position with n factor and close all positions when we have an overall profit... and so on.

    ** This way we never go against the short/medium/long trend, just have to define what is short, medium or long **

    -We start a new entry based on our last winning position (meaning: if our last overall profit resulted from a long position we enter long, if it was from a short one, we enter short)

    Please don't hesitate if you have any doubt with this... I have a positive expectation on this one!


    Friendly Regards,

    LV
    Last edited by Lordvader; 12-01-2009 at 01:08.

  6. #16
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordvader View Post
    Hi Funnyo,

    Thank you very much for your time.

    Formula: Variation=Average(Higher-Lower)
    But you could program it also to define the grid steps manually.

    Let me explain the strategy with an example, because the picture could be a little "confusing":

    Suppose the grid steps are 30 pips.
    -We enter short.
    -TP is 30 pips below entry
    -Buy stop is 30 pips above entry with n factor lot size
    -If price reaches entry - (minus) 30 pips we take the profit.
    -If price goes against our entry, we'll open a new (reverse) position @: entry + (plus) 30 pips.
    -We close all positions when overall profit is "x" pips or "x" account %
    -We only continue to add positions if price goes against us 30 pips and comes back to our initial TP (if so, we add another short position with n factor and close all positions when we have an overall profit... and so on.

    ** This way we never go against the short/medium/long trend, just have to define what is short, medium or long **

    -We start a new entry based on our last winning position (meaning: if our last overall profit resulted from a long position we enter long, if it was from a short one, we enter short)

    Please don't hesitate if you have any doubt with this... I have a positive expectation on this one!


    Friendly Regards,

    LV
    Hi LV,

    Ok, here is a new version.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Hi LV,

    Ok, here is a new version.

    Hi Funyoo,

    You've got it! Thank you!

    The only issue is the number of pips between grids, it looks like the EA chooses automatically that space (about 300 pips) but I would like to have that option manually.

    Friendly Regards,

    LV

  8. #18
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordvader View Post
    Hi Funyoo,

    You've got it! Thank you!

    The only issue is the number of pips between grids, it looks like the EA chooses automatically that space (about 300 pips) but I would like to have that option manually.

    Friendly Regards,

    LV
    Hi Lordvader,

    Ok, usemanualrange + manualrange added.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Hi Lordvader,

    Ok, usemanualrange + manualrange added.

    Hi Funyoo!

    Thank you for your fast answer!
    Manualrange is ok, but in backtesting the EA doesn't close all open orders, either in basketpercent and/or basketpips. Could you correct that?
    Btw, could you tell me what's the use of multiplier? It's for use with gridsteps or lotsizes? If for lotsizes, I think it's not working...
    Anyway if it's not for lotsizes, I would like to have that option too (adding a martingale progression...)


    Friendly Regards,

    LV
    Last edited by Lordvader; 12-09-2009 at 00:18.

  10. #20
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordvader View Post
    Hi Funyoo!

    Thank you for your fast answer!
    Manualrange is ok, but in backtesting the EA doesn't close all open orders, either in basketpercent and/or basketpips. Could you correct that?
    Btw, could you tell me what's the use of multiplier? It's for use with gridsteps or lotsizes? If for lotsizes, I think it's not working...
    Anyway if it's not for lotsizes, I would like to have that option too (adding a martingale progression...)


    Friendly Regards,

    LV
    Hi LV,

    Ok basketpercent and basketpips rewritten.

    Multiplier=nfactor applied to the pending orders. It is working for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Similar Threads

  1. Best software for order flow and depth of market
    By fxtester in forum Softwares
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-04-2015, 15:40
  2. Forex Price Movement, Is It Random ?
    By CycleTrader in forum Trading discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 11:30

Tags for this Thread

add, alpari, average, backtesting, change, closing, eas, ecn, flow, funyoo, grid, indicator, indicators, manual, martingale, pips, price action, profit, signals, stop, strategy, test, thank you, time, trader, trading, trend

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •