Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
 8 Attachment(s)    

Thread: BB modify - report

  1. #1
    Member Roberto76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hungary, Budapest
    Posts
    69

    Default BB modify - report

    Hi Funyoo,


    Bollinger Bands indicator would be necessary to amendment.
    I would like to measure the distance of the bands in PIP.
    To prescribe these data for the chart.
    Up down
    Up middle
    1. data: previous data
    2. data: current data
    3. data: which direction (stricture expansion) and how much difference.
    I attach a picture. (BB.jpg)

    If this succed, then these data exported to a CSV file.
    I attach a sample file. (BB report.xls)

    Thank you in advance.
    Robert
    Attached Images Attached Images BB modify - report-bb-jpg 
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Hi Roberto76,

    Here is the indicator.

    Once the excel file generated, you have to convert the text to column (data > text to column > delimited > commas...).

    The exported file is in the experts/files folder if attached to a current chart. In the tester/files folder if attached during backtesting.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. #3
    Member Roberto76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hungary, Budapest
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Hi Roberto76,

    Here is the indicator.

    Once the excel file generated, you have to convert the text to column (data > text to column > delimited > commas...).

    The exported file is in the experts/files folder if attached to a current chart. In the tester/files folder if attached during backtesting.
    This very much cool !!
    Thank you very much.
    Older data, how I can export?

  4. #4
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto76 View Post
    This very much cool !!
    Thank you very much.
    Older data, how I can export?
    You have to run a backtesting.

  5. #5
    Member Roberto76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hungary, Budapest
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Hi Roberto76,

    Here is the indicator.

    Once the excel file generated, you have to convert the text to column (data > text to column > delimited > commas...).

    The exported file is in the experts/files folder if attached to a current chart. In the tester/files folder if attached during backtesting.
    A change of modification:
    If previous data > current data, then result=Strciture -x PIP
    If previous data < current data, then result=Expansion x PIP (expansion is green)

    Export file.
    Does it export automatically? What kind of interval? Is the timeframe the kind?

  6. #6
    Member Roberto76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hungary, Budapest
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    You have to run a backtesting.
    I made it.
    But, it exports only a data.

  7. #7
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto76 View Post
    I made it.
    But, it exports only a data.
    Here is a new version.

    Attach the indicator to a chart in forward mode, and set exportdata to true with the number of bars that you want to export (countbars).

    Can you explain how you interpret the data ? (expansion = trend following, structure = possible retracement ?).
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #8
    Member Roberto76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hungary, Budapest
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Here is a new version.

    Attach the indicator to a chart in forward mode, and set exportdata to true with the number of bars that you want to export (countbars).

    Can you explain how you interpret the data ? (expansion = trend following, structure = possible retracement ?).
    Hi Funyoo,

    Thanks the new version.
    Expansion = warning a bigger price onto motion
    Stricture (no structure) , let it be rather narrows = warning onto a range.

    Robert

  9. #9
    Member Roberto76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hungary, Budapest
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto76 View Post
    A change of modification:
    If previous data > current data, then result=Strciture -x PIP
    If previous data < current data, then result=Expansion x PIP (expansion is green)

    Export file.
    Does it export automatically? What kind of interval? Is the timeframe the kind?
    Hi Funyoo,

    Everything good, it is necessary to modify this only already:
    Previous; Current; Result
    59 < 61 = Expansion 2 PIP
    61 > 59 = Narrows -2 PIP

    Thanks.

  10. #10
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto76 View Post
    Hi Funyoo,

    Everything good, it is necessary to modify this only already:
    Previous; Current; Result
    59 < 61 = Expansion 2 PIP
    61 > 59 = Narrows -2 PIP

    Thanks.
    Hi Roberto76,

    Ok, thanks for the informations.

    New version attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Similar Threads

  1. MT4 statement report analysis tools
    By fxtester in forum Softwares
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-21-2016, 08:25
  2. How to Use the COT Report for Trading
    By painofhell in forum Trading discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2015, 17:46
  3. How to Interpret the COT Report
    By painofhell in forum Trading discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2015, 20:32
  4. Commitment of Traders Report
    By painofhell in forum Trading discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-31-2015, 17:10
  5. Understanding the COT Report
    By painofhell in forum Trading discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2015, 15:51

Tags for this Thread

backtesting, bands, bollinger, change, experts, funyoo, indicator, report, sample, thank you, trend

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •