Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  12 12 Attachment(s)    

Thread: Neg Correlation EA

  1. #1

    Default Neg Correlation EA

    Hi Funyoo,

    Here it is another impossible one EA! (probably not for you!)

    Using the indicator overlaychart (EursUsd VS UsdChf in picture), the idea is working only with negative correlated pairs.

    -We have 2 ways to enter:

    First: after price charts are crossing each other we buy the upper currency and sell the other. The next entry is only at next cross.

    Second: When price chart difference between the 2 currencies is greater than "x" pips we buy (or sell) both currencies.
    If price difference between both currencies increases for more "x" add the same positions with n factor lot size and so on...

    Close all positions when profit reached "x" pips or account %

    Please enable EA to trade with the same logic, but using instead, the crossing of Donchian MA V2 indicator (created by you) for each currency.

    Best Regards,

    LV
    Attached Images Attached Images Neg Correlation EA-correlation-jpg 
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lordvader; 12-01-2009 at 14:42.

  2. #2
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordvader View Post
    Hi Funyoo,

    Here it is another impossible one EA! (probably not for you!)

    Using the indicator overlaychart (EursUsd VS UsdChf in picture), the idea is working only with negative correlated pairs.

    -We have 2 ways to enter:

    First: after price charts are crossing each other we buy the upper currency and sell the other. The next entry is only at next cross.

    Second: When price chart difference between the 2 currencies is greater than "x" pips we buy (or sell) both currencies.
    If price difference between both currencies increases for more "x" add the same positions with n factor lot size and so on...

    Close all positions when profit reached "x" pips or account %

    Please enable EA to trade with the same logic, but using instead, the crossing of Donchian MA V2 indicator (created by you) for each currency.

    Best Regards,

    LV
    Hi Lordvader,

    Indeed, this is a complicated one. Here is the expert and the indicator updated. It should be attached on the first pair only. The indicator should be also attached to the chart. Of course, it can not be backtested.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Hi Lordvader,

    Indeed, this is a complicated one. Here is the expert and the indicator updated. It should be attached on the first pair only. The indicator should be also attached to the chart. Of course, it can not be backtested.

    Hi Funyoo,

    Thank you very much for your fast answer!

    As you could see in the attachments, your modified Overlay indicator has a totally different display. Meaning: I've tried it with 2 almost perfect negative correlated pairs (EUsd/UChf) and the graphic, should be like the original overlaychart...
    I think it could be only a matter of 2nd pair proportional price calculation...

    About Dochian indicator, I've mislead you - because that wasn't the indicator I've wanted to use. What I've really need is applying this Donchian indicator to 1st and 2nd pair individually, and use the same overlaychart strategy.

    I've wanted to use in this EA strategy only one indicator: or overlay, or donchian MA (just choosing in the EA).

    Best Regards,

    LV
    Attached Images Attached Images Neg Correlation EA-ol-funyoo-jpg Neg Correlation EA-ol-original-jpg 
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lordvader; 12-01-2009 at 16:40.

  4. #4
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordvader View Post
    Hi Funyoo,

    Thank you very much for your fast answer!

    As you could see in the attachments, your modified Overlay indicator has a totally different display. Meaning: I've tried it with 2 almost perfect negative correlated pairs (EUsd/UChf) and the graphic, should be like the original overlaychart...
    I think it could be only a matter of 2nd pair proportional price calculation...

    About Dochian indicator, I've mislead you - because that wasn't the indicator I've wanted to use. What I've really need is applying this Donchian indicator to 1st and 2nd pair individually, and use the same overlaychart strategy.

    I've wanted to use in this EA strategy only one indicator: or overlay, or donchian MA (just choosing in the EA).

    Best Regards,

    LV
    Hi Lordvader,

    Maybe you have set Mirroring on true. I get the first chart (on your post) with the default settings whatever is the version of OverLayChart.

    Concerning the donchian MA, I have modified the indicator and the EA. But I don't know how to integrate the mamethod.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Hi Lordvader,

    Maybe you have set Mirroring on true. I get the first chart (on your post) with the default settings whatever is the version of OverLayChart.

    Concerning the donchian MA, I have modified the indicator and the EA. But I don't know how to integrate the mamethod.

    Hi Funyoo,

    PERFECT!

    About the integration of the mamethod, that's ok I don't need it.

    Now I have a doubt: what's the meaning of "0=price cross" ? and the use of "pipstep" ?
    If it is the simple price cross, there is no need. I'll use instead Donchian cross.

    Like I've said in my 1st post, I'd like to use this EA in 2 independent options:when the overlay price difference between the 2 currencies is greater than "x" pips or, when there is Donchian cross between them (that is ok).

    Could you modify the indicator, in a way that it displays the Donchian MA applied to both currencies? (so I could control the EA trades).

    Best Regards,

    LV

  6. #6
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordvader View Post
    Hi Funyoo,

    PERFECT!

    About the integration of the mamethod, that's ok I don't need it.

    Now I have a doubt: what's the meaning of "0=price cross" ? and the use of "pipstep" ?
    If it is the simple price cross, there is no need. I'll use instead Donchian cross.

    Like I've said in my 1st post, I'd like to use this EA in 2 independent options:when the overlay price difference between the 2 currencies is greater than "x" pips or, when there is Donchian cross between them (that is ok).
    Mode=0 :

    First: after price charts are crossing each other we buy the upper currency and sell the other. The next entry is only at next cross.
    Mode=1 :

    Please enable EA to trade with the same logic, but using instead, the crossing of Donchian MA V2 indicator (created by you) for each currency.
    Pipstep :

    Second: When price chart difference between the 2 currencies is greater than "x" pips we buy (or sell) both currencies.
    If price difference between both currencies increases for more "x" add the same positions with n factor lot size and so on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordvader View Post
    Could you modify the indicator, in a way that it displays the Donchian MA applied to both currencies? (so I could control the EA trades).
    That's not possible, the indicator will draw a line adapted to the grid (it requires a grid to show the other pair). You just need to attach donchian ma to the chart.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Mode=0 :

    Mode=1 :

    Pipstep :



    That's not possible, the indicator will draw a line adapted to the grid (it requires a grid to show the other pair). You just need to attach donchian ma to the chart.

    Ok Funyoo,

    I understand...
    Actually, the overlay price difference between the 2 currencies is greater than 45 pips, why don't we have any open trade?

    Regards;

    LV

  8. #8
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordvader View Post
    Ok Funyoo,

    I understand...
    Actually, the overlay price difference between the 2 currencies is greater than 45 pips, why don't we have any open trade?

    Regards;

    LV
    Hi Lordvader,

    Here is a new version.

    How it works : the pipstep will act like a virtual level. If the difference between EU and UY (OverLayChart is lower than pipstep*x on the previous tick and it is higher on the current tick, then we will buy on EU and sell on GU. The difference between the current buy order and the previous one has to be at least 5 pips. It will avoid to enter hundred of orders as long as we are over pipstep*x.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Hi Lordvader,

    Here is a new version.

    How it works : the pipstep will act like a virtual level. If the difference between EU and UY (OverLayChart is lower than pipstep*x on the previous tick and it is higher on the current tick, then we will buy on EU and sell on GU. The difference between the current buy order and the previous one has to be at least 5 pips. It will avoid to enter hundred of orders as long as we are over pipstep*x.

    Hi Funyoo,

    Thank you very much for your great work!
    I'm testing the EA, but I've realized that the strategy is a bit confuse and I'd wanted to simplify it.

    I'm requesting you some changes in it:

    -The Donchian MA will be the core of the strategy.

    -Please introduce an option to choose the Donchian MA cross strategy, or the pipstep (between Donchians) strategy.

    -If the donchian MA of primary currency crosses the Donchian MA of secondary currency, buy both currencies, otherwise sell both currencies.

    -If the distance between both Donchian MA is greater than "x" pips and primary currency Donchian MA is over the secondary Donchian MA, sell both currencies, otherwise buy both currencies.
    If that distance increases for more "x" pips add another "n" factor lot size.
    After closing the 2 positions in profit and if distance between the 2 Donchian MA is still greater or equal to "x" pips, repeat the process.

    -Could you also add a trailing stop to overall profit? (if there is 2 or more open positions from pipstep strategy)


    Friendly Regards,

    LV
    Attached Images Attached Images Neg Correlation EA-strategy-jpg 
    Last edited by Lordvader; 12-05-2009 at 13:11.

  10. #10

    Default

    hi funyoo,

    Can you update this strategy, iplease give the updated ea and indicator

    bye
    ajentha

Similar Threads

  1. Correlation basket - AUD
    By fxtester in forum Manual systems statements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2015, 22:45
  2. Correlation indicator
    By fxtester in forum Indicators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 13:56
  3. Correlation Martingale EA
    By funyoo in forum Expert advisors live statements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2013, 23:34

Tags for this Thread

add, change, closing, correlation, donchian, expert, funyoo, grid, how to, indicator, pairs, pips, profit, simple, stop, strategy, trailing

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •