Results 1 to 8 of 8
 5 Attachment(s)    

Thread: Standard Slope Direction Line EA

  1. #1

    Default Standard Slope Direction Line EA

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Hi stevensouders,

    You can find the mq4 version on the previous post.

    The one on the previous post I thought had filters added to it rather than being just the Slope Direction Line (Plain), but thats OK I found it on another thread.

    Heres a request for you, can you modify the Slope Direction Line EA v2 shown in post#1 so that it Opens trades based on the Slope Direction line and closes trades based on the 3 Level ZZ Semafor on the "3 Signal"? It would be highly appreciated if you could do that.

    Thanx
    Steven Souders

  2. #2

    Default MODIFY REQUEST

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Hi stevensouders,

    You can find the mq4 version on the previous post.


    Here we go, I found the right EA to modify. If you could make it open orders based on the Slope Direction Line and close the orders based on the appearance of the #3 signal from the "3 level zz semafor" that would sure be great.

    Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. #3
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Hi stevensouders,

    Here is a new version.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #4

    Default

    Hi Funyoo
    can you add filter with one more same slope direction indicator ?
    better one order only per direction

    Thank you

  5. #5

    Default Indicator Improvement

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Hi stevensouders,

    Here is a new version.
    Hello Again Funyoo, I have been investigating this MTF Slope Direction Line Indicator and I really like using it, however it will not automatically update for some reason. I always have to click on another timeframe and then go back to the time frame I was using so the indicator will update to the current tic. I use it with it set to the 60minute timeframe (by setting the timeframe to "60", while viewing the chart on the 5min timeframe. Can you please check the code and see if you can fix it so it will automatically update with the chart??? I would sure appreciate it if you could fix this darn thing, its driving me nuts. LOL

    Steve Souders
    California
    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #6
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by best2004 View Post
    Hi Funyoo
    can you add filter with one more same slope direction indicator ?
    better one order only per direction

    Thank you
    Hi best2004,

    Code updated.

    Quote Originally Posted by stevensouders View Post
    Hello Again Funyoo, I have been investigating this MTF Slope Direction Line Indicator and I really like using it, however it will not automatically update for some reason. I always have to click on another timeframe and then go back to the time frame I was using so the indicator will update to the current tic. I use it with it set to the 60minute timeframe (by setting the timeframe to "60", while viewing the chart on the 5min timeframe. Can you please check the code and see if you can fix it so it will automatically update with the chart??? I would sure appreciate it if you could fix this darn thing, its driving me nuts. LOL

    Steve Souders
    California
    Hi stevensouders,

    Here is another MTF indicator.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  7. #7

    Default More Help Please!

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Hi best2004,

    Code updated.



    Hi stevensouders,

    Here is another MTF indicator.

    Thank you for your assistance, I am trying hard to learn MQL4 but struggling and don't understand a lot of it, so your a godsend. I am trying to use the "Slope Direction Line" on the 5min chart as a buy/sell signal and use the "Slope Direction Line MTF" set to 15min timeframe for the confirmation but it doesn't seem to work. So if the 5 min CSDL turns RED and says to place a sell order it then checks the 15min FSDL for conditions, if RED it allows the trade, if BLUE it does not allow the trade....ok so now where am I going wrong... below is the code I am trying to use:

    //|---------main signal

    // Current Slope Line (for 5min chart)

    double CSDL1=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Slope Direction Line",Cperiod,Cmethod,Cprice,0,i);
    double CSDL2=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Slope Direction Line",Cperiod,Cmethod,Cprice,1,i);


    // MTF Fifteen Min Slope Line
    if(slopefilter){
    double FSDL1=iCustom(Symbol(),15,"Slope Direction Line MTF",TimeFrame15,Fperiod,Fmethod,Fprice,0,i);
    double FSDL2=iCustom(Symbol(),15,"Slope Direction Line MTF",TimeFrame15,Fperiod,Fmethod,Fprice,1,i);
    }

    string BUY=false;
    string SELL=false;

    if(CSDL1>0 && CSDL1!=EMPTY_VALUE
    && (slopefilter==false || (slopefilter && FSDL1>0 && FSDL1!=EMPTY_VALUE)))BUY="true";
    if(CSDL2>0 && CSDL2!=EMPTY_VALUE
    && (slopefilter==false || (slopefilter && FSDL2>0 && FSDL2!=EMPTY_VALUE)))SELL="true";

    string SignalBUY=false;
    string SignalSELL=false;

    if(BUY=="true"/*&&MABUY=="true"*/)if(ReverseSystem)SignalSELL="true";else SignalBUY="true";
    if(SELL=="true"/*&&MASELL=="true"*/)if(ReverseSystem)SignalBUY="true";else SignalSELL="true";

    }

    //|---------risk management


  8. #8
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevensouders View Post
    Thank you for your assistance, I am trying hard to learn MQL4 but struggling and don't understand a lot of it, so your a godsend. I am trying to use the "Slope Direction Line" on the 5min chart as a buy/sell signal and use the "Slope Direction Line MTF" set to 15min timeframe for the confirmation but it doesn't seem to work. So if the 5 min CSDL turns RED and says to place a sell order it then checks the 15min FSDL for conditions, if RED it allows the trade, if BLUE it does not allow the trade....ok so now where am I going wrong... below is the code I am trying to use:

    //|---------main signal

    // Current Slope Line (for 5min chart)

    double CSDL1=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Slope Direction Line",Cperiod,Cmethod,Cprice,0,i);
    double CSDL2=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"Slope Direction Line",Cperiod,Cmethod,Cprice,1,i);


    // MTF Fifteen Min Slope Line
    if(slopefilter){
    double FSDL1=iCustom(Symbol(),15,"Slope Direction Line MTF",TimeFrame15,Fperiod,Fmethod,Fprice,0,i);
    double FSDL2=iCustom(Symbol(),15,"Slope Direction Line MTF",TimeFrame15,Fperiod,Fmethod,Fprice,1,i);
    }

    string BUY=false;
    string SELL=false;

    if(CSDL1>0 && CSDL1!=EMPTY_VALUE
    && (slopefilter==false || (slopefilter && FSDL1>0 && FSDL1!=EMPTY_VALUE)))BUY="true";
    if(CSDL2>0 && CSDL2!=EMPTY_VALUE
    && (slopefilter==false || (slopefilter && FSDL2>0 && FSDL2!=EMPTY_VALUE)))SELL="true";

    string SignalBUY=false;
    string SignalSELL=false;

    if(BUY=="true"/*&&MABUY=="true"*/)if(ReverseSystem)SignalSELL="true";else SignalBUY="true";
    if(SELL=="true"/*&&MASELL=="true"*/)if(ReverseSystem)SignalBUY="true";else SignalSELL="true";

    }

    //|---------risk management

    Hi stevensouders,

    The MTF version can not work in backtesting. You should just use the same indicator Slope Direction Line with different timeframe.

    I suggest you to use the comment function in order to see the indicator value on the chart and to check with the indicator.

    Comment(
    "\n
    CSDL1 = "+DoubleToStr(CSDL1,5),
    "\n
    CSDL2 = "+DoubleToStr(CSDL2,5)
    );

    It will help you to find how the signal/filter can be determined.

Similar Threads

  1. Slope Direction Line EA
    By funyoo in forum Expert advisors backtesting
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 03-20-2017, 17:38
  2. Slope Direction Line EA v2
    By fxtester in forum Expert advisors live statements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 17:11
  3. Slope direction line EA
    By nicomanupe in forum Ideas for expert advisors
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-03-2009, 09:13
  4. Slope Direction Line EA
    By funyoo in forum Expert advisors live statements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-11-2009, 16:00

Tags for this Thread

backtesting, color, funyoo, indicator, learn, level, main, mq4, mql, request, signal, thank you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •