+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
 3 Attachment(s)    

Thread: Price movement EA-REQUEST

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    87

    Default Price movement EA-REQUEST

    Dear Funyoo

    Please create an EA which triggers buy/sell order based upon continuous price movement in the direction of the price.

    the EA has to be time-frame and currency pair dependent. it has to trigger buy/sell orders for the continuous price movements of 10,15,20,25,50pips and type of order depends on price movement direction, if the price CONTENTIOUSLY moved up by 10 pips,then the EA has to create buy order and vice-versa.

    currency pairs-eurusd, gbpusd,usdjpy,usdchf

    time frames-5,30,60,120,240 and 1440

    following extern input variables should be included along with your standard template.

    time frame-
    price movement-
    currency pair-

    Regards

    Robert

  2. #2
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert77 View Post
    Dear Funyoo

    Please create an EA which triggers buy/sell order based upon continuous price movement in the direction of the price.

    the EA has to be time-frame and currency pair dependent. it has to trigger buy/sell orders for the continuous price movements of 10,15,20,25,50pips and type of order depends on price movement direction, if the price CONTENTIOUSLY moved up by 10 pips,then the EA has to create buy order and vice-versa.

    currency pairs-eurusd, gbpusd,usdjpy,usdchf

    time frames-5,30,60,120,240 and 1440

    following extern input variables should be included along with your standard template.

    time frame-
    price movement-
    currency pair-

    Regards

    Robert
    Hi robert 77,

    Please define "for the continuous price movements of 10,15,20,25,50pips".

    Do you mean current price comparing to current bar open price of the wanted timeframe ?

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Dear Funyoo


    Yea, you are right.

    the given continuous pips movements(10,15,20,25,50) can not be possible in all the time frames. for e.g. there are more chances of continuous 10pips in 5min timeframe but not longer price movement like 50 pips in one go, though it may happen it will be rare.

    therefore, each timeframe will have an EA, which identifies some of the given price movement and triggers the orders. Hope I have made it clear.

    AND each timeframe will have different closing target. let the order close option(pip value) be in extern variable.

    Regards
    Last edited by robert77; 08-12-2010 at 10:29. Reason: picture edited

  4. #4
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert77 View Post
    Dear Funyoo


    Yea, you are right.

    the given continuous pips movements(10,15,20,25,50) can not be possible in all the time frames. for e.g. there are more chances of continuous 10pips in 5min timeframe but not longer price movement like 50 pips in one go, though it may happen it will be rare.

    therefore, each timeframe will have an EA, which identifies some of the given price movement and triggers the orders. Hope I have made it clear.

    AND each timeframe will have different closing target. let the order close option(pip value) be in extern variable.

    Regards
    Hi robert77,

    Thanks for the explanations, here is an EA.

    extern bool allinone=true; // all calculation in one ea
    extern bool enteronce=true; // enter once per timeframe bar

    If allinone is set to false, then we only consider timeframe1, movement1, stoploss1 and takprofit1.
    Attached Files

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Dear Funyoo

    Thanks, will check it out.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Dear funyoo

    Actually it has to open orders once the price has moved certain distance for e.g. 10 pips, but here it's triggering order for every new bar. I don't think it is working under given conditions.

    I tested it on 1 hour timeframe, keeping 15 pip in movement4 and rest zero and profit 30pip and rest zero. there are some problems, it's opening orders in only one direction i.e. buy only, I think there must price movement in downward and upward direction, please check it.

    there should be more instances of 15pip movement in both upward and downward direction, with reference to bar open price, in that case there should be instances of both buy and sell orders.



    regards
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by robert77; 08-12-2010 at 20:37. Reason: adding more info.

  7. #7
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robert77 View Post
    Dear funyoo

    Actually it has to open orders once the price has moved certain distance for e.g. 10 pips, but here it's triggering order for every new bar. I don't think it is working under given conditions.

    I tested it on 1 hour timeframe, keeping 15 pip in movement4 and rest zero and profit 30pip and rest zero. there are some problems, it's opening orders in only one direction i.e. buy only, I think there must price movement in downward and upward direction, please check it.

    there should be more instances of 15pip movement in both upward and downward direction, with reference to bar open price, in that case there should be instances of both buy and sell orders.



    regards
    Hi robert77,

    Try the attached settings.
    Attached Files

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. (Request) EMA Price Channel system
    By tradespin in forum Ideas for expert advisors
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-14-2010, 18:21
  2. EA request: price action based on volatility indicator
    By ninichingyi in forum Ideas for expert advisors
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 10:11
  3. 1M pips movement analysis
    By tilong77 in forum Technical analysis
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2009, 06:59
  4. History price
    By przem81621 in forum MQL programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-27-2009, 11:21
  5. Linear Price Bar
    By funyoo in forum Indicators
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-17-2009, 18:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts