Results 1 to 10 of 10
 7 Attachment(s)    

Thread: Heiken Ashi Ichimoku Kinko Hyo

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cairns, Australia
    Posts
    5

    Default Heiken Ashi Ichimoku Kinko Hyo

    Hello everyone,
    This is my first post on tsf and I would like to congratulate funyoo and everyone else that makes contributions to this fantastic site. For some time now I have been scratching my head as to how to make an expert advisor from these two wonderful indicators, as my programming skills are still very poor (I'm trying to learn!). I believe that if correctly assembly we could have a very profitable EA.
    Basically I want to use the Heiken Ashi Real indicator (which I've attached) in conjunction with Ichimoko to trade trend. So...
    Entry Parameters Long..
    When Current Price is above the Kumo Cloud, Tenkan Sen>Kijun Sen, trade Golden Cross of Heiken Ashi Real.

    Entry Parameters Short..
    When Current Price is below the Kumo Cloud, Tenkan Sen<Kijun Sen, trade Dead Cross of Heiken Ashi Real.

    Risk Management..
    -Stop Set at 1xspread below red line (current heiken ashi period open).
    -Postion Sizing calculated from this Stop level.
    -Free Equity to be used in Position sizing calculations.

    Exit Signals..
    a. Use trailing stop.
    or b. Exit on opposite cross. (maybe a 'buffer zone' could be introduced, ie 1xspread around red line to prevent multiple crosses during a period. Beacuse of the nature of heiken ashi candles this should be a rareity but still a cause for concern i think.)

    Other considerations..
    I think a martingale funtion may prove useful.

    Thanks guys, I eagerly await your feedback!
    Dan.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supertradedog View Post
    Hello everyone,
    This is my first post on tsf and I would like to congratulate funyoo and everyone else that makes contributions to this fantastic site. For some time now I have been scratching my head as to how to make an expert advisor from these two wonderful indicators, as my programming skills are still very poor (I'm trying to learn!). I believe that if correctly assembly we could have a very profitable EA.
    Basically I want to use the Heiken Ashi Real indicator (which I've attached) in conjunction with Ichimoko to trade trend. So...
    Entry Parameters Long..
    When Current Price is above the Kumo Cloud, Tenkan Sen>Kijun Sen, trade Golden Cross of Heiken Ashi Real.

    Entry Parameters Short..
    When Current Price is below the Kumo Cloud, Tenkan Sen<Kijun Sen, trade Dead Cross of Heiken Ashi Real.

    Risk Management..
    -Stop Set at 1xspread below red line (current heiken ashi period open).
    -Postion Sizing calculated from this Stop level.
    -Free Equity to be used in Position sizing calculations.

    Exit Signals..
    a. Use trailing stop.
    or b. Exit on opposite cross. (maybe a 'buffer zone' could be introduced, ie 1xspread around red line to prevent multiple crosses during a period. Beacuse of the nature of heiken ashi candles this should be a rareity but still a cause for concern i think.)

    Other considerations..
    I think a martingale funtion may prove useful.

    Thanks guys, I eagerly await your feedback!
    Dan.
    Hi supertradedog,

    Here is an expert advisor.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cairns, Australia
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Hey Funyoo, thanks for the quick reply mate, but I'm having some problems with this EA. It doesn't seem to adhere to the entry/exit guidelines and trades in a rather random fashion. I'l post a picture of the strategy for you to have a look at...

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cairns, Australia
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Here is the pic funyoo. As you can see the strategy has the potential to be very profitable as an EA.
    Attached Images Attached Images Heiken Ashi Ichimoku Kinko Hyo-image4-jpg 

  5. #5
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supertradedog View Post
    Hey Funyoo, thanks for the quick reply mate, but I'm having some problems with this EA. It doesn't seem to adhere to the entry/exit guidelines and trades in a rather random fashion. I'l post a picture of the strategy for you to have a look at...
    Hi supertradedog,

    Here is a new version.

    Be sure to set the "shift" options as wanted. 0=current bar, 1=one bar of confirmation.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cairns, Australia
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Thank you Funyoo very much that is absolutely brilliant. There are a few small kinks that need to be ironed out, i will get to work on it, most likely just some tweaking of the parameters. Once I'm finished I will send through a set file..

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Cairns, Australia
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I have spent the last few hours playing with the strategy parameters, but i feel that best results can be achieved by the addition of one more filter, The GMMA Oscillator. This in effect will eliminate several false entries. Working in conjunction with the heiken ashi and ichimoku indicators, the GMMA oscillator is to only allow long trades when:
    fast line(green) > slow line (red)

    and only allow short trades when:
    fast line(green) < slow line (red)

    Thanks again , dan.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #8
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supertradedog View Post
    I have spent the last few hours playing with the strategy parameters, but i feel that best results can be achieved by the addition of one more filter, The GMMA Oscillator. This in effect will eliminate several false entries. Working in conjunction with the heiken ashi and ichimoku indicators, the GMMA oscillator is to only allow long trades when:
    fast line(green) > slow line (red)

    and only allow short trades when:
    fast line(green) < slow line (red)

    Thanks again , dan.
    Hi supertradedog,

    Guppymmafilter option added.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  9. #9

    Default iMAX3

    Hi Funyoo

    Please your free time can you replace iMAX3 indicator instead of hesiken ashi ?

    keep other default indicator such as ichimoku and guppy MMA as filter

    thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Hi ,
    I downloaded ur ea of Heiken ashi and ichimoko,But it shows many error .please help.

Similar Threads

  1. How To Use Ichimoku Kinko Hyo Indicator
    By painofhell in forum Trading discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2015, 18:03
  2. Heiken Ashi Indicator Explained What are Heiken Ashi?
    By painofhell in forum Trading discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-21-2014, 23:16
  3. Heiken Ashi MTF EA
    By cgldsmth in forum Ideas for expert advisors
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-23-2009, 19:48

Tags for this Thread

advisor, candles, expert, expert advisor, free, funyoo, heiken ashi, how to, ichimoku, indicator, indicators, learn, level, martingale, oscillator, profitable, programming, real, signals, stop, strategy, thank you, time, trailing, trend

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •