Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34
 2 Attachment(s)    

Thread: Funyoo - How do you do with Dukas Copy?

  1. #1

    Default Funyoo - How do you do with Dukas Copy?

    Hi Funyoo.

    I have noticed that you nowdays use Dukas Copy's tick data which gives you 99% quallity.

    Could you explain how you get the tick data? There are two ways that i can see. The first one: http://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/engli...v_data_export/

    But this only gives a maximum of 2000 minutes. Hardly something to build a backtest on.

    The other way is: http://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/engli...ed/historical/

    But as far as i can see one need to download tick data for each hour at a time. My god it will take a whole month to make it.

    So could you explain in a easy going way how you do? Preferly a step by step explanaition.
    Regards / JoLi

  2. #2

    Default

    download dukascopy jforex platform and get all the data that you need from its historical tester.

  3. #3

  4. #4

    Default

    jolimoney, it is not a simple process to get it working at 99% quality. It is rather complicated, but someguy is correct that Birt provides step by step instructions on how to start it going.

    You can find Birt's guide here: MT4 Tick data | Birt's EA review

    If you are stuck feel free to ask for help

  5. #5

    Default

    Tnx guys.

    I have been at Birt's site. But frankly i can't get it to work. I really know nothing about script and programing and i can't even understand how to use the download.php-thing.

    Cyrillic:

    If downloading this platform and collect data from it... is it then 100% compatible with MT4?
    Regards / JoLi

  6. #6
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolimoney View Post
    Tnx guys.

    I have been at Birt's site. But frankly i can't get it to work. I really know nothing about script and programing and i can't even understand how to use the download.php-thing.

    Cyrillic:

    If downloading this platform and collect data from it... is it then 100% compatible with MT4?
    Hi jolimoney,

    No it will not be compatible.

    Indeed it can be quite complicated but the guide is complete, you should read it again and again until you perform each step.

    It is the best alternative to metaquotes history data holes and you can test scalpers with more accuracy.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Hi jolimoney,

    No it will not be compatible.

    Indeed it can be quite complicated but the guide is complete, you should read it again and again until you perform each step.

    It is the best alternative to metaquotes history data holes and you can test scalpers with more accuracy.
    I understand... perheps i make a wish to santa claus of a more easy way to do it then :-p
    Regards / JoLi

  8. #8

    Default

    Although i pointed out this method in this topic, i did not yet succeed myself to get it completely working.
    Because more people are struggling with this, maybe someone is able to create a self executing ZIP file that places all (already modified) files automatically in the right folders on the harddrive.
    Then probably only a small readme is sufficient for the part that can not be included in the zip.
    Would someone be able to create such?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CycleTrader View Post
    Although i pointed out this method in this topic, i did not yet succeed myself to get it completely working.
    Because more people are struggling with this, maybe someone is able to create a self executing ZIP file that places all (already modified) files automatically in the right folders on the harddrive.
    Then probably only a small readme is sufficient for the part that can not be included in the zip.
    Would someone be able to create such?
    I can make one if anyone is intersted

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agentrfr View Post
    I can make one if anyone is intersted
    For good backtesting i am for sure interested.
    Regards / JoLi

Similar Threads

  1. The best techniques for copy trading
    By painofhell in forum Trading discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2015, 07:39
  2. Autotrade Copy Trading
    By tenkofx in forum Trading discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2014, 17:36
  3. Another copy trade ea
    By edlogic in forum Ideas for expert advisors
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 14:02

Tags for this Thread

100, average, backtest, backtesting, broker, brokers, change, copy, demo, design, eurusd, experts, free, funyoo, guide, historical, how to, index, live, main, metatrader, metatrader4, mq4, mql, mt4, mt5, offer, profit, programming, real, robots, scripts, server, simple, spread, step by step, systems, test, thank you, time, video

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •