Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  23 23 Attachment(s)    

Thread: Re: Price Action EA. Good, but need some more improvements. Please help, Funyoo!

  1. #1

    Default Re: Price Action EA. Good, but need some more improvements. Please help, Funyoo!

    Hi Funyoo and other expert programmers,

    I am having a good and profitable EA that works on : Eurusd (best), Eurjpy, and Gbpusd.

    Time-frame can be 1-minute or 5-minute.

    This EA is pure Price Action EA with rules as follows:

    1. Buy:

    - Current candle closes higher than highs of 2 candles before (candle high shift 1 and candle high shift 2)
    - Candle close shift 1 <= Candle high shift 2

    2. Sell:

    - Current candle closes lower than lows of 2 candles before (candle low shift 1 and candle low shift 2)
    - Candle close shift 1 .>= Candle low shift 2

    This EA is rather profitable, but it still needs some improvements such as: adding Trend Indicator (my friend already added "I_Trend" indicator to this EA), and Time filter, etc.

    So, I am posting it here, and hope that Funyoo and other expert programmers, especially Genius Funyoo could help to do:

    - Optimization on Eurusd, m1 or m5 timeframe, since Jan. 2010 up to now, and post a backtesting results to see its' performance, profit factor, and max drawdown, relative drawdown.

    - Add "Time filter" so that this EA should trade during London, European session until U.S Session. This EA does not work well during Asian session, because it follows real and strong trend. Also, I prefer that this EA will STOP trading during Asian session to avoid losses due to low volatility, and range-bound market.

    So, please also add "GMT Offset" function external so that we can put the proper trading hours based on GMT Time.

    - Any other filter indicators in the future, if this EA still lacks.

    - Make it work automatically on 4-digit and 5-digit brokers as well as ECN Brokers.

    - Add "Money Management" Function

    I also attached the forward-testing results of this EA to show to all of you how potential and profitable it has performed recently.

    I hope that Funyoo and other expert programmers like Lordorly, etc can have a look, and try to make it perform even much better.

    Thanks a lot.

    James Phuc
    Attached Images Attached Images Re: Price Action EA. Good, but need some more improvements. Please help, Funyoo!-detailedstatement-gif 
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2

    Default

    Please. Attach stderror.mqh file from your mt4.

  3. #3

    Default

    Hi Virtik,

    I don't quite understand your ideas. This is forward-testing results. No need for mt4

    Can Funyoo or others find a reliable and good Trend Indicator on M1 or M5 so that this Price Action EA will follow the trend of the Indicator.

    I thought I_Trend is good, but maybe, we need 1 or 2 more reliable Trend Indicator on M1 or M5 to make this EA even much more profitable and at same time, drawdown will be very low.

    James

  4. #4

    Default

    I have no ideas ;-))))
    'stderror.mqh' - cannot open the program file.
    This EA NOT compile without that file.
    I don't have it in my mt4.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    386

    Default stderror.mgh

    Quote Originally Posted by virtik View Post
    I have no ideas ;-))))
    'stderror.mqh' - cannot open the program file.
    This EA NOT compile without that file.
    I don't have it in my mt4.
    Here is the missing file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by james_phuc28 View Post
    Hi Virtik,

    I don't quite understand your ideas. This is forward-testing results. No need for mt4

    Can Funyoo or others find a reliable and good Trend Indicator on M1 or M5 so that this Price Action EA will follow the trend of the Indicator.

    I thought I_Trend is good, but maybe, we need 1 or 2 more reliable Trend Indicator on M1 or M5 to make this EA even much more profitable and at same time, drawdown will be very low.

    James
    i_trend is similar to cc indicator, but i_trend is more noisy. I LOVE CC indicator and it works very well, but ofcourse, you have to confirm with other indicator. Every chart, I won't trade without cc indicator.

    You can download cc.mq4 from here: http://codebase.mql4.com/source/17359
    Attached Images Attached Images Re: Price Action EA. Good, but need some more improvements. Please help, Funyoo!-i_trend-vs-cc-png 
    Last edited by 4x4me; 12-04-2010 at 17:54.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    386

    Default

    James, your forward test looks real good, but when I run backtest, it doesn't work well as your forward test. I wouldn't put much weight on my back test since your forward testing look good. May I ask why do you want to do the modification (I mean adding i_trend to the EA) when forward testing looking this good? Your test shows less than a month, doubled the profit with just 3% drawdown? I don't know if you need it with this performance....

    Note: EA is already coded to work on 5 digits and it also looks like it works on ECN broker. Someone should double check on this, but I am running it on ECN with 5 digit and it is working.
    Last edited by 4x4me; 12-04-2010 at 18:08.

  8. #8

    Default

    Hi 4x4me,

    Thanks for all your information.

    Well, above ea is already coded with I_Trend indicator, but sometimes, it loses due to noises (like you explained very correctly).

    I don't know which of the following Trend indicators work well for this EA:

    1. Double CCI : I select CCI 89 and CCI 270 on M15 time-frame, and also M5.

    2. Hilow Channel Jurik Smooth, etc as per attached files.

    My friend asked me that this EA only needs some more improvements on the Trend indicators so that it will follow the trend.

    So, I hope that you, Funyoo, and other expert coders have a look on all my posted Trend indicators and find suitable one to work with this Price Action EA.

    In addition, all my posted indicators can be used as Trend indicators for other potential profitable EAs in Funyoo's forum in the future. For example RSI MA Scalper, Donchian Scalper, etc. Or even Funyoo can think of creating a new profitable EA / or scalper based on any of these good Trend indicators.

    You can also use them for manual trading if you like.

    Have a nice weekend, my friend !

    James
    Attached Files Attached Files

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by james_phuc28 View Post
    Hi Funyoo and other expert programmers,

    I am having a good and profitable EA that works on : Eurusd (best), Eurjpy, and Gbpusd.

    Time-frame can be 1-minute or 5-minute.

    This EA is pure Price Action EA with rules as follows:

    1. Buy:

    - Current candle closes higher than highs of 2 candles before (candle high shift 1 and candle high shift 2)
    - Candle close shift 1 <= Candle high shift 2

    2. Sell:

    - Current candle closes lower than lows of 2 candles before (candle low shift 1 and candle low shift 2)
    - Candle close shift 1 .>= Candle low shift 2

    This EA is rather profitable, but it still needs some improvements such as: adding Trend Indicator (my friend already added "I_Trend" indicator to this EA), and Time filter, etc.

    So, I am posting it here, and hope that Funyoo and other expert programmers, especially Genius Funyoo could help to do:

    - Optimization on Eurusd, m1 or m5 timeframe, since Jan. 2010 up to now, and post a backtesting results to see its' performance, profit factor, and max drawdown, relative drawdown.

    - Add "Time filter" so that this EA should trade during London, European session until U.S Session. This EA does not work well during Asian session, because it follows real and strong trend. Also, I prefer that this EA will STOP trading during Asian session to avoid losses due to low volatility, and range-bound market.

    So, please also add "GMT Offset" function external so that we can put the proper trading hours based on GMT Time.

    - Any other filter indicators in the future, if this EA still lacks.

    - Make it work automatically on 4-digit and 5-digit brokers as well as ECN Brokers.

    - Add "Money Management" Function

    I also attached the forward-testing results of this EA to show to all of you how potential and profitable it has performed recently.

    I hope that Funyoo and other expert programmers like Lordorly, etc can have a look, and try to make it perform even much better.

    Thanks a lot.

    James Phuc
    Will you please post your set file?? Mine stops out for some reason that I can't figure out.
    Attached Images Attached Images Re: Price Action EA. Good, but need some more improvements. Please help, Funyoo!-stop-gif 

  10. #10

    Default

    Also Funyoo,

    Can you make it compatable with both 4 digit and 5 digit brokers.

Similar Threads

  1. Price Action EA
    By f1trader in forum Ideas for expert advisors
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 16:09
  2. Price action expert ?
    By forexpop in forum Ideas for expert advisors
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 12:38
  3. Total Price Action EA
    By funyoo in forum Expert advisors live statements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 17:38

Tags for this Thread

4x4me, backtest, backtesting, broker, brokers, candle, candles, channel, color, donchian, eas, ecn, eur, eur/usd, eurjpy, eurusd, expert, forex, free, funyoo, gbpusd, genius, hours, indicator, indicators, jurik, manual, manual trading, metatrader, money, mq4, mql, mt4, price action, profit, profit factor, profitable, real, rsi, scalper, stop, strategy, test, time, trading, trend, usd, volatility

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •