Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
 4 Attachment(s)    

Thread: Adding a martingale to an EA

  1. #1
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default Adding a martingale to an EA

    I have tried to merge two scripts but without any success, if you see what's wrong, don't hesitate to post.

    1st script : What is Martingale and Is It Reasonable to Use It? - MQL4 Articles

    The simplest martingale code.

    2nd script : ZigZagEvgeTrofi ver. 1 - MQL4 Code Base
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2

    Default Martingale code

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    I don't know how to code it yet. I have still to study that.
    Hi,funyoo,
    I really appreciate your hard work here and you had done a very good job !! For the martingale code, you can take 10point3 or multilotscalper as reference. Below is the ea.

    Regards,
    Yast77
    Attached Files Attached Files

  3. #3
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Hi yast77,

    Welcome on this board.

    Thanks, I will see that.

    I have noticed also the martingale code of waddah attar win expert.

  4. #4

    Default

    Hi funyoo,
    Here i added the martingale function, check it out !!

    Regards,
    Yast77
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by yast77; 11-07-2008 at 14:12.

  5. #5

    Default good

    thank you all

  6. #6
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Thanks,

    I will try this function later.

    It's good to have another member that knows how to code.

    Don't hesitate to post your expert advisors and your detailed statements on the board.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Thanks,

    I will try this function later.

    It's good to have another member that knows how to code.

    Don't hesitate to post your expert advisors and your detailed statements on the board.
    I have C++ programming knowledge, but i'm still new to MQL language, so still have some of the syntax need to learn I really appreciate your hard work here, just keep it !!
    I still cant found the best system for martingale system, even the recently popular benkyalate system, but the probabilty to wiped out account is lower compare to most of the system, just my point of view :P

    Regards,
    Yast77

  8. #8
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yast77 View Post
    I have C++ programming knowledge, but i'm still new to MQL language, so still have some of the syntax need to learn I really appreciate your hard work here, just keep it !!
    Me too, I have started to code only few weeks ago... my eyes were just tired to manually check trading systems.

    Quote Originally Posted by yast77 View Post
    I still cant found the best system for martingale system, even the recently popular benkyalate system, but the probabilty to wiped out account is lower compare to most of the system, just my point of view :P
    Yes, personally, after 5 years of testing, forward testing, backtesting and manual trading in demo and live, I have found nothing that survives to the time. A good expert advisor would be an expert that forecast ranging and trending market, with different subcodes for each kind of market, depending on volatility, etc... Maybe later it will be possible with some artificial intelligence. For the moment there is only EAs that work on specific type of market that we have to identify, which is very very and very difficult.

    But Metatrader is still young, and we have to continue to innovate with new ideas. We should compare the various indicators to see what are those that generate the "less worst" results on long periods, and finally to try combinations.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by funyoo View Post
    Me too, I have started to code only few weeks ago... my eyes were just tired to manually check trading systems.



    Yes, personally, after 5 years of testing, forward testing, backtesting and manual trading in demo and live, I have found nothing that survives to the time. A good expert advisor would be an expert that forecast ranging and trending market, with different subcodes for each kind of market, depending on volatility, etc... Maybe later it will be possible with some artificial intelligence. For the moment there is only EAs that work on specific type of market that we have to identify, which is very very and very difficult.

    But Metatrader is still young, and we have to continue to innovate with new ideas. We should compare the various indicators to see what are those that generate the "less worst" results on long periods, and finally to try combinations.
    Hi Funyoo,
    Is it you ? Profile funyoo - Automated Trading Championship 2008 I leave a comment there My expert will be knock out soon, because before the championship start, i am just start the forex journey.
    About the AI function, i got think about it to optimize most of the ea, but i think we can get the nice result for backtest(because of optimization), but to predict future will have many noise. You can try to google search to know more about "neuroshell" it is a software that build in NN. One of the person name Klot from russia had invent many about NN, you can go to his site here www.fxreal.ru/forums/forums.php?forum=1 and also this useful site fxexpert.ru. And i notice that when you backtest any ea, it is not 90 % modeling quality, to get the 90% modeling quality, you can go to your metatrader>Tools>History Center> choose your currency pair and download.

    Regards,
    Yast77
    Last edited by yast77; 11-07-2008 at 20:47.

  10. #10
    Administrator funyoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    7,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yast77 View Post
    Hi Funyoo,
    Is it you ? Profile funyoo - Automated Trading Championship 2008 I leave a comment there My expert will be knock out soon, because before the championship start, i am just start the forex journey.
    Yes it's me. Thanks for the encouragement!

    Quote Originally Posted by yast77 View Post
    About the AI function, i got think about it to optimize most of the ea, but i think we can get the nice result for backtest(because of optimization), but to predict future will have many noise. You can try to google search to know more about "neuroshell" it is a software that build in NN. One of the person name Klot from russia had invent many about NN, you can go to his site here www.fxreal.ru/forums/forums.php?forum=1 and also this useful site fxexpert.ru.
    Interesting. I will see that.

    Quote Originally Posted by yast77 View Post
    And i notice that when you backtest any ea, it is not 90 % modeling quality, to get the 90% modeling quality, you can go to your metatrader>Tools>History Center> choose your currency pair and download.

    Regards,
    Yast77
    Yes, I have a problem with this. If you download the data from Metatrader, it will download the ticks of MetaQuotes, I would like data from a real broker. There is Alpari UK, but they have set the spread on 0, we can change it with FXTheader.mqh. For the moment I have not been able to make it work. I'm studying that.

Similar Threads

  1. Adding an alarm to an indicator
    By Daydream85 in forum Scripts and other tools
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-07-2013, 15:38
  2. Help adding newsfilter
    By cybman in forum MQL programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 10:09
  3. Adding D'Alembert to an EA
    By funyoo in forum MQL programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 13:15
  4. Adding alert to to the indicator
    By yasir9757 in forum Ideas for expert advisors
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 15:46

Tags for this Thread

advisor, alpari, alpari uk, automated trading, backtest, backtesting, broker, change, check it out, demo, eas, expert, expert advisor, expert advisors, forecast, forex, funyoo, how to, indicators, learn, live, manual trading, martingale, metatrader, mql, mql4, programming, scalper, scripts, spread, study, system, systems, thank you, the best system, time, trading

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •