Last edited by jezzer1961; 05-11-2009 at 14:54.
I suggest you get a C++ book from your local library, Funyoo.
Waiting to see it..
I hope they won't change too much.
Expert Advisor Developer
Does anybody have a wish list for MT5?
I think my wish has got to be for tick charts.
I don't think that they will add complete tick charts as the data would be too heavy to store. If they improve the current very small and useless tick chart, maybe they could multiply the number of ticks by 10 or 100 and they could allow us to apply indicators on it. But in this case, the data will be automatically deleted after X ticks and we will not be able to do backtesting.
What I would be interested to see :
- the possibility to backtest a code on several currencies at a same time.
- the possibility to code the cross between indicators with different scales (seperate window and unlimited scale).
- constant range charts (as Renko charts), it would be a new way to see the market. But it will be the same issue than the tick chart one. The number of ticks per bar will be fixed (like 5-10-20-50-100).
- a better tool than LFH simulator to manually test trading systems in the strategy tester with simultaneously several opened orders.
- an history of the spread variation, when we backtest an EA, what we don't have is the real spread of a specific period. When an EA virtually generate millions with a fixed spread on ten years, in reality it would have blown the account ten consecutive times... but here too it would be difficult to get this as the spread can also change during the day.
- a real minimum distance between the current price and the pending orders automatically generated. You can enter a pending order 10 pips over the price during a manual trading, but with an EA you need 15-20 pips and sometimes more (it depends on the broker, however this distance through the EA is always higher, why ??).
- a better report with number of pips per currency, per period, per day.
- when you do an optimization, a stop loss and a take profit advised depending on the settings and the average of pips over and under a trade between each trade.
- the possibility to load a detailed statements and to see the arrows on the chart.
- some tools to easily insert neural networks in the codes and to "train" NN.
- also a stop loss and a take profit that can be at least equal to the spread + 1 pips, I don't see why we could make such hidden sl and tp and not to have the same values with hard sl and tp. But it's up to the brokers.