Alpari UK is now an ECN broker.
The problem now is that the new demo accounts have spreads from 0 pips whatever is the deposit amount and are no more relevant for traders that use micro and classic accounts...Alpari (UK) announces the introduction of Straight-Through Processing to MetaTrader 4 with Non-Dealing Desk execution, best pricing from 10+ top-tier banks and competitive trading terms.
Through MetaTrader 4 - now available on the Pro account - Alpari (UK) clients can capitalise on direct market access to at least 50 currency pairs with tight spreads from 0 pips and low-latency execution.
With MetaTrader 4 on the Pro account, traders now have the opportunity to take full advantage of a broader market and execute high-volume trades at the most competitive terms.
- Tight spreads from 0 pips
- Non-Dealing Desk execution – no dealer intervention
- Best pricing from 10+ top-tier banks
- Low-latency Straight-Through Processing
- MT4 EA-compatible including Scalping EAs
- Hedging with only single-position margin requirement
- FSA regulation and FSCS protection of funds*
Same issue with backtesting. You have to use a real account otherwise you will have a backtesting with a very low spread that doesn't exist on these micro and classic accounts, but only on the pro accounts (20k$ min).
Maybe they intend to make micro and classic ecn too (!?).