Despite the polls and the bookmakers odds, the United Kingdom has finally decided to go out of Europe.
This is a historic day.
The consequences :
- Scotland is already talking about a new referendum to leave UK,
- North Ireland could also leave UK,
- Gilbratar too,
- Spain wants Gilbratar back,
- European investors will diminush their investments in UK,
- UK will diminush its investments in Europe (for example 5 billions currently in France),
- UK economy could shrink between 15 and 30% of its actual GDP,
- If UK doesn't enter European economic space (like Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein), it will lose £30 billion per year (8% of the GDP),
- JPMorgan, HSBC, and other financial institutions already want to withdraw thousands of employees from UK to put them in other places in Europe (like Paris),
- As the GBP value is decreasing, foreigners could go away, UK has 850 000 polish, 410 000 indian, 340 000 irish, 200 000 italian, 200 000 pakistani, ... a total of 5 millions foreign citizens,
- Greece could consider again a grexit,
- Europe will have to revise its project,
Europe represents half of UK exportations, £500 billions per year.
Source : http://www.migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/briefings/migrants-uk-overview