A simple guide to get real tick data and do 99% modeling quality backtesting.
1. Unpack the php source code into a php folder on c:
2. Open php.ini and replace ;extension=php_curl.dll with extension=ext/php_curl.dll, save the file,
3. Extract the php scripts into this same php folder,
4. Extract the mql scripts into your Metatrader directory,
5. Extract the loaders into your Metatrader directory,
6. Run > Execute > cmd > c: > cd php > php download_dukascopy_data.php
7. Run > Execute > cmd > c: > cd php > php process_dukascopy_data.php EURUSD 200701 201106 EURUSD.csv (for example)
8. Put the EURUSD.csv file (located in c: php/) into Metatrader/experts/files/
9. Open Metatrader, open one chart of EURUSD
10. Apply the birt's patch to the chart (loacated in scripts).
11. Apply the Dukascopy2FXT script with the set file attached (it is an example),
12. Do 8. for each timeframe; for at least one timeframe, enable CreateHst of the Dukascopy2FXT script.
13. Put the .csv files located in files/ into history/brokersname-demo/
14. Put the .fxt files located in files/ into tester/history/
15. Set the .fxt files properties to read-only.
16. Open Metatrader and apply the birt's patch each time you restart your platform.
Full guide : Tick data - 99% modeling quality with Metatrader 4 | Birt's EA review
Note 1 : the Metatrader build should be compatible with one of the loaders build.
Note 2 : I have noticed two holes in Dukascopy data, I have informed Dukascopy. They have not yet resolved the issue. It is still a better data than Metaquotes with its huge holes.